GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WASHER FLUID LIGHT WONT GO OFF!!!!

Delta501

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm at the dealership now, and the tech said this is the sixth one he's seen in 2 weeks. He asked if I used RainX and said the new formula they're using kills the sensors in our cars. I don't know how true this is but it did happen after I filled it with the RainX. I just filled my girlfriends Jetta with the same stuff so if that sensor goes bad too I'll be sure to update.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
I'm at the dealership now, and the tech said this is the sixth one he's seen in 2 weeks. He asked if I used RainX and said the new formula they're using kills the sensors in our cars. I don't know how true this is but it did happen after I filled it with the RainX. I just filled my girlfriends Jetta with the same stuff so if that sensor goes bad too I'll be sure to update.

Yea, I have this suspicious if that has something to do with darker orange rain-x.

beantown53

Ready to race!
The sensor has two (2) metal probes. I would clean them off and see if this fixes the problem. It is possible that the chemicals in rain-x is coating these probes and causing them to malfunction.

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
The sensor has two (2) metal probes. I would clean them off and see if this fixes the problem. It is possible that the chemicals in rain-x is coating these probes and causing them to malfunction.

The winter orange rain-x is now darker than the old one, which it was lighter orange. The darker orange rain-x has new formula so, I will see what VW has to say about this on Saturday.

Rain x will kill your wipers. fuck that shit. use regular anti freeze washer fluid.
this stuff is for shitty cars with shit wipers.

trust me. I had to get new wipers, shit got ruined in 4 months. Never again.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Rain x will kill your wipers. fuck that shit. use regular anti freeze washer fluid.
this stuff is for shitty cars with shit wipers.

trust me. I had to get new wipers, shit got ruined in 4 months. Never again.

I've used Rain-x wiper fluid for 11 years, never had a problem :iono:

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
i hope the orange rain-x isn't killing the sensors... I literally just stocked up on it and got several gallons on sale.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
Its not the rain x its the crappy sensor vw uses
My wifes Jetta sensor went bad and they fixed it for free not under warranty either.....So many of those went bad the dealership ordered up a bunch and were putting them in when customers brought the car in

Same thing happened too the coolant sensor it was fixed under warranty

rlazier07

Count two more for this issue, my mk4 jetta wolfsburg and my buddies mk6 gti's sensors both went out since switching to Rain X. I even replaced my sensor (thinking it was just the sensor since I've used rain x before) and it blew the new one as well. :mad:

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Count two more for this issue, my mk4 jetta wolfsburg and my buddies mk6 gti's sensors both went out since switching to Rain X. I even replaced my sensor (thinking it was just the sensor since I've used rain x before) and it blew the new one as well. :mad:

Yup, I switched back to blue one. Light is still on. I postponed the appt with VW to next week because of this goddamn weather happening over the weekend.

rod12

Passed Driver's Ed
i ask the dealer on how much to replace the sensor they told me its 170+ just to change the sensor :eek: