GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Pump Question

Bluesy

Ready to race!
Hi everyone, quick question on a water pump replacement I'm going to have to do (just over 100k miles so I'm likely not covered by the settlement......). Searched around but couldn't find an answer, feel free to post a link to another thread if this is an old question.

Was looking at the kit below on ECS Tuning, but it makes one note I'm not quite sure about - "For vehicles without electrical connection on pump inlet (please inspect prior to ordering). Affects 2010 & 2011 model year vehicles only."

I have a 2011 but I'm not quite sure what this note is referring to. I'm thinking it's referring to the plug connection right above the coupling piece from the water pump & oil cooler, but can someone confirm?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/water-pump-kit/06h121026ddktkt4/

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
I actually just replaced mine and was trying to figure out the same thing, some 2010/2011 and I believe CBFA engines had an extra sensor on the water pump.

torga

Autocross Champion
I actually just replaced mine and was trying to figure out the same thing, some 2010/2011 and I believe CBFA engines had an extra sensor on the water pump.
Exactly right, this aluminum pump will not work for CBFA. If you're CCTA, you're golden.
Also, absolutely replace the pipe he's talking about -- it's cheap insurance.

While you're at it, buy an OEM thermostat and thermostat housing o-ring. The ones that came in my kit were absolute JUNK.