GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
anyone trade their mk6 in recently? I'm thinking of trading mine in and was wondering what real-world figures might look like? Mine is a 12 2dr with 52xxx miles. I'd expect somewhere between 10-12k...

Probably around $10k. Each dealer is different though. Some will give you more or less depending on how they price the car they are selling to you. When I traded in my MK5, one VW dealership refused to give me KBB value because the car I wanted was below KBB. It was about a $1k difference to the next dealer who did give me KBB.

Last edited:

jbondbmw

Ready to race!
anyone trade their mk6 in recently? I'm thinking of trading mine in and was wondering what real-world figures might look like? Mine is a 12 2dr with 52xxx miles. I'd expect somewhere between 10-12k...

I had a Lexus dealer in Buffalo offer me $7k. That was a year ago. Mine is a '12 2.5 3-door. It has 50k miles at the time. My car is in good shape and very clean.

Needless to say I walked away.

It is now paid off, so I am driving it until it costs me to much to repair or no longer fits my needs. Hopefully 5 to 7 more years or so.

MakiNn

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a Lexus dealer in Buffalo offer me $7k. That was a year ago. Mine is a '12 2.5 3-door. It has 50k miles at the time. My car is in good shape and very clean.

Needless to say I walked away.

It is now paid off, so I am driving it until it costs me to much to repair or no longer fits my needs. Hopefully 5 to 7 more years or so.

ouch, I would too, I was offer 10k at our local VW dealer. 2011 4door dsg with 83k

mlody91

Ready to race!
ouch, I would too, I was offer 10k at our local VW dealer. 2011 4door dsg with 83k

Wow....looks like I'll be running mine until her last breath. On the flipside, if someone's looking for a fun, practical car at a reasonable price then the mk6 GTI is the way to go.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Threw my car on a dyno saturday for fun. 243hp 321tq

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Went to the dealer this morning for an alignment and to have them check out a possible coolant leak, and radiator fan code. Turns out I need a new water pump, intake manifold and radiator fan.

Thank god I paid extra for CPO when I bought the car

xcpag95

Ready to race!
Scored some free Weathertech window visors today. Perfect timing since my cheap eBay ones fell off last week lol. Now just needs a bath. It's been raining non stop the last week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironskillet

Passed Driver's Ed
I did that on a B5.5 Passat once and it wasn't to bad, but those lights are not that curvy.

How was it on the MK6 becuase I want to do then once my HID housings arrive?

It wasn't horrible. Maybe took 45 mins to get everything straight. There's still several water marks and bubbles present so I'll see how much it clears up in the next few days. If it clears up, I'll be happy.

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Make sure you get the lense really wet. I had a hard time with my clear laminex. For a few days it looked like my lights had herpes. If you get it out in the sun, a lot of it will clear up. If there are still bubbles after 3 days you can prick them with a needle to let the air out. My biggest problem was getting the film centered properly and trimming it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Took my car back to the future...