GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Got these USP Motorsports DSG paddle extensions in the mail today. They are in sale right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I attempted the installation of my new Eurojet Catted Downpipe on Saturday.

I was trying to remove the hard to reach nut on the downpipe and instead of removing the nut, I removed the whole stud from the turbo. The threads on the stud look a little chewed up and even after soaking the stud and nut in PB blaster in a ziploc bag, I still can't get the nut to move. I had to wait until this morning to visit the parts department at the dealership for a new stud and nut.

I'm hoping to get some time tomorrow afternoon to actually do the installation part as I've only gotten through the disassembly portion so far.

I would just replace all the studs and brass nuts at that point. Prevent any issues down the road. They are reasonably priced.

pdan

Ready to race!
Finally put in LED tails. So incredibly good looking

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Got these USP Motorsports DSG paddle extensions in the mail today. They are in sale right now.

What happened with that left paddle was installed by Michael J Fox lol?

Right one went on perfect going by the picture.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
So far they are soft until they get a little heat (a few stops from 30mph gets them warm enough). Once warm they are very progressive. They make me want to drive the car more. And I don't mind red lights right now because of how good the braking feels. The R32 and mk6 R have the exact same brakes.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembl...ig-brake-kit-slotted-rotors-345x30/1ko698006/

I wouldn't mind going this route as I could get them calipers and carriers painted red to match the rears.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Personally doing the 17z cayenne or the boxster upgrade is better than that plus it looks a lot better and costs less.

This. 4 piston > a bigger one piston setup

Gremio53

I actually prefer a phone mount over an ac vent. So It doesn't overheat in direct sunlight. (Left vent facing wheel) or the proclivity mount that mounts it right of touchscreen. (Not as high less sun. No vent)

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Do you have any recommendations for a phone mount other than pro-clip?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any recommendations for a phone mount other than pro-clip?
I've tried lots of them. Suction cup, windshield, weighted friction, ac vent. Just various ones you find at stores or at the Verizon store. I've not liked a single one as they've either broke or had bad positioning or have started having adverse effects on the car (bending ac vents, pulling dash up, crusty rings from sun. I haven't bought a pro clip yet but I'm hoping it be the last I ever buy. I also like how I can just update the phone clip should I upgrade and keep the base.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
It's the lighting and the steering wheel wasn't perfect center.

Are those stick on? it's not the lighting or the steering wheel position. I can see the gap from the factory paddle to where the new one mounts to, but hey it happens, specially with that strong 3m tape lol. :thumbsup:

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Personally doing the 17z cayenne or the boxster upgrade is better than that plus it looks a lot better and costs less.

Yea but have in mind that the brake feel is sh*t with 17Z calipers. I had 17Zs on my car for almost 1 year. Sold them and bought TT-RS calipers with carriers for 340mm rotors instead