GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Roctre

Ready to race!
Oh wow then not an upgrade at all, still on the 312mm rotors with more bite, those will fade much quicker then

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yep fully aware of that its more for better pedal feel and im pretty sure the better pads will be more than enough for my driving. I would of gone with the 17z if it didn't make the pedal feel softer than stock.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
OEM Golf R upgrade and call it a day, no need for huge calipers with 4-6 pistons for your 250-300hp FWD car lol. They look great but is way overkill for this platform. I recently switched back from R brakes to GTI brakes and Oh god are the GTI brakes shit, put the R brakes right back on and can now stop. People underestimate the R brake setup and don't realize how big the setup is, more pistons doesn't mean more stopping power automatically, and at 345mm the rotors are much larger than the entry level Brembo or stop tech kit at half the price.

There's a reason the 7.5R still has the mono piston caliper, because it's a good breaking system.

Exactly this. I'm not looking to snap necks with a huge braking system on a car not pushing over 300 ponies. Neither am I worried about the lightest monoblock for weight reduction. All I want is an OEM plus braking setup. I don't even care about a track setup since it's not seeing a track. Also, I'm on 18" wheels for others feedback. So won't have clearance issues. I'll like the look of R brakes and slotted rotors honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corman1313

Ready to race!
Exactly this. I'm not looking to snap necks with a huge braking system on a car not pushing over 300 ponies. Neither am I worried about the lightest monoblock for weight reduction. All I want is an OEM plus braking setup. I don't even care about a track setup since it's not seeing a track. Also, I'm on 18" wheels for others feedback. So won't have clearance issues. I'll like the look of R brakes and slotted rotors honestly.

You won't be disappointed my friend, I'm pro tuned and put down 270/310 and am running R calipers, Neuspeed slotted rotors, Neuspeed stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads and it stops extremely well and no fade in the canyons. In the rear I'm still on stock GTI calipers with the same Neuspeed hardware as up front and I stuck with OEM fluid.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
You won't be disappointed my friend, I'm pro tuned and put down 270/310 and am running R calipers, Neuspeed slotted rotors, Neuspeed stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads and it stops extremely well and no fade in the canyons. In the rear I'm still on stock GTI calipers with the same Neuspeed hardware as up front and I stuck with OEM fluid.

Thanks for the feedback. I may be rethinking the front now. Was just going to do lines, caliper bushings, pads and fluid, but might jump on a set of used golf r calipers.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Got my DSG service done @ 36k miles. Then went home and replaced coil packs with R8 coil packs and replaced OEM spark plugs with NGK platinums. Between everything done today, the car feels very good! Pulls strong and smooth. Now I just need a 4 wheel alignment and I will also be going stage 1 by summer time when APR runs the sale :)

oldtype2

Ready to race!
After several attempts to rid my GTI of this annoying buzzing/vibration from the headliner, I think I finally found a fix...

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

Do you have the Hawk HPS pads for the rear as well?

ahard48

Ready to race!
car parts have to go in hold for me now. Offer was accepted on a house!

Just went through this too! Closed in December. Congrates and enjoy your new home!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
car parts have to go in hold for me now. Offer was accepted on a house!
Then after that settles down car parts go on hold again while you pimp out your garage lol.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk