GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Meth works by cooling intake temperatures and increasing octane levels thus allowing your ECU to run more timing and making more power.

You get the most out of water/meth if your tune supports it.

Kit cost $550
Hearing stories of hydrolocked engines makes me fear the meth. I looked into this because I only have 91 gas available to me and wanted the higher octane tunes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
How did that work out?
Haven't tried yet going to Friday evening after I get home from work so my brakes will be warm and bushings cold hoping that's the magic combo.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Meth works by cooling intake temperatures and increasing octane levels thus allowing your ECU to run more timing and making more power.

You get the most out of water/meth if your tune supports it.

Kit cost $550

Is this achievable running a stock IC?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What's your exhaust setup? High flow cat? Where did you place the spacer and which one is it?

Are you ccta?

ccta, Eurojet dp with high flow cat(taking off tonight and going catless) 42DD o2 spacer facing the front of the car on the rear o2.

forced readiness with vagcom and bingo.

For the record a cat isnt necessary. I've gotten other people to pass even with catless here in IL. They don't do any visual inspections though, its all through the odb plug in

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
If you go W/M, you shouldn't really need to upgrade the IC unless you go BT or something. The W/M will do the work of an IC and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is incorrect. Where did you hear that? You'd still heat soak with a stock intercooler no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
This is incorrect. Where did you hear that? You'd still heat soak with a stock intercooler no matter what.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any intercooler will heat soak. Isn't the point of W/M is cooling the air post intercooler, preventing knock, and allowing timing advance? I have a Uni intercooler and still will heat soak over time. I mean if you want to spend over a $1000 on a good intercooler and install and then another 450-600 on a w/m setup go for it. My goal is to get W/M but it can cool air charge temps quite a bit without a I/C upgrade. I didn't say you won't get heat soak but the W/M will reduce air temps better than just an intercooler will. I guess if you race car all the time it's better to have both. My statement wasn't necessarily incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Moved in to the new houae over the past 2 days. Feels good to have a 2 stall garage and large yard to call my own.

Grats man. I just moved into a new house over the weekend too. I don't get a spot in the garage though lol

Our drive way is like 5x bigger than what it used to be though, and now I don't have to worry about the lawn guys fucking up my car every week.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
ccta, Eurojet dp with high flow cat(taking off tonight and going catless) 42DD o2 spacer facing the front of the car on the rear o2.

forced readiness with vagcom and bingo.

For the record a cat isnt necessary. I've gotten other people to pass even with catless here in IL. They don't do any visual inspections though, ites all through the odb plug in

Thanks man!