GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
shit, man im sorry. hope you're all good. another mk6 for you?

BlueE30

Ready to race!
Sorry for my insensitive comment, happy you're ok and sorry to hear about the wrecked GTI.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I go there annually - love it. That area is awesome and the driving around there is great as well. Guess the bears didn't make an appearance if you're posting now. [emoji23]

I had DG springs on stock struts for about 20k mi and I swapped out because I felt like it was getting crashy and uncomfortable. I know stiff suspension vs. bad suspension and it felt bad. I then went on to Bilstien PSS9s and now PSS10s so I totally get stiff, hard, sporty suspension. Did not like DG springs on stock stuff. On my R32 I swapped from stock to VWR springs and Bilstien B8 struts and it feels so much better.

Highly recommend changing struts and springs.
Time to save up for some koni yellows lol.

Sent from my Pixel

BlueE30

Ready to race!

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
this is 4 door DSG DG springs on a 4 door DSG car with stock shocks/struts. Hard to tell with the shitty iPhone pic but its the best I could find. Are you guys worried about the ride quality or look? both? I just hit 50k and I feel like the comfortability has not really changed from when the car was on stock springs. I also don't really feel like the handling is all that different. Sometimes I look at the car and I am very pleased with how it sits but there are times I wish it was lower. I'm sticking with these though because this car is my daily and I drive on New York roads...

edit: found some more

Awesome, thanks for providing these! The GTI's main duty is daily, so I def didn't want to go too low and sacrifice comfort (the GTI isnt the most comfortable ride to begin with). A little thrown off that you don't think it drives much differently. I was expecting a reduction in body roll based on other feedback.

Yes, putting them on with the stock struts/shocks. Only at 29k right now so hoping they'll still have plenty of life left in them with the new DG's. I honestly barely break I'll eventually swap in some B8's if needed. I can do it myself too, so not too worried about needing to do it again down the road(hopefully a few years down the road lol).

Last edited:

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm back in the saddle again. Picked up my GTI from the dealer. I now have working brakes. They said the hose from the vacuum pump to the brake booster had 3 places where it was damaged. That caused a condition where the brake booster got no vacuum.

The replacement hose has some kind of silver metallic sleeve over it. Hopefully this will prevent a repeat of my no brakes incident.

Also the dealer did not wash my car as I had requested.

BlueE30

Ready to race!
One time the dealer washed my car by mistake (I never let 15 y/o kids wash my car especially after a fresh clay bar and polish)

I was so furious they brought in a guy to cut polish and wax my car for me to get all the shit the wash boy transferred from his dirty wash brush to my paint.

You should be thankful your car didn't get washed!

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Installed a P3 multi gauge last night....woop woop

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
One time the dealer washed my car by mistake (I never let 15 y/o kids wash my car especially after a fresh clay bar and polish)

I was so furious they brought in a guy to cut polish and wax my car for me to get all the shit the wash boy transferred from his dirty wash brush to my paint.

You should be thankful your car didn't get washed!

Yes I am very thankful. My dealer doesn't use a lot boy to wash cars, they have an automated car wash that uses whips & chains to beat the dirt off the cars. I find it amazing they put high end cars through that paint torture chamber.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yes I am very thankful. My dealer doesn't use a lot boy to wash cars, they have an automated car wash that uses whips & chains to beat the dirt off the cars. I find it amazing they put high end cars through that paint torture chamber.

Damn, I heard these cars like to be abused, but that's some hardcore S&M shit.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Its about to go down....dsg stage 2 tune showed up. Shout out to UroTuning for having awesome customer service !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
Yesssss....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marco'sGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed my LED TAILS! Got 'em here from a member, DEPO brand. All LED's work and look nice. Had to figure out where to place the resister boxes that prevent a dash error. Fitment is alright, not the best versus OEM. But for the price, would do it again.