GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
This looks great!! Been thinking about adding something like this myself for some time. I think the wiring part is what has me putting it off still, was it difficult?

Just get a set of DeAutokey led reverse lights. They are very bright , more than enough IMO.

Jarred767

Ready to race!

I love your car! that color is very different, and goes awesome with the tails. nicely done. What wheels are those? I'm starting my search for a new set and really like those.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
In my effort to slowly give my new to me (100k mile) GTI a very thorough detail and get it back up to top notch inside and out, I spent some quality time with my tailpipes this afternoon getting them to the best point that was possible after 6 years of what seemed like pretty limited attention. Not brand new, but pretty happy with the final results.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I love your car! that color is very different, and goes awesome with the tails. nicely done. What wheels are those? I'm starting my search for a new set and really like those.
Laguna Wheels aka Watkins Glen in Europe. Came stock with 2013-2014 GTIs .Some of the best looking mk6 wheels imo.

Sent from my Pixel

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
His looked different, almost white in color, must have been the angle. I do love Lagunas, so probably why I was attracted to them. Thanks!
His maybe powder coated white, but definitely good either way.

Sent from my Pixel

Holguin831

Passed Driver's Ed
His looked different, almost white in color, must have been the angle. I do love Lagunas, so probably why I was attracted to them. Thanks!
Yessir. The color is Carbon Red . And it is Plasti Dip good eye "Roctre". It took me forever to prep but I think it came out awesome for my first time doing my car. And the wheels are pearl white. Plasti dip as well of course. Here Is what it looked like with no plasti dip. ? I miss it some times.... but at the end of the day not a big deal I'll just go back to it one day. On a Side note I do love my Neuspeed front mount. The ait don't really STAY down. Since I'm in Houston. 1000% humidity so if I'm in traffic the temp climbs like a stock one . But the big difference is the second I start moving it cools down nearly instantly.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Yessir. The color is Carbon Red . And it is Plasti Dip good eye "Roctre". It took me forever to prep but I think it came out awesome for my first time doing my car. And the wheels are pearl white. Plasti dip as well of course. Here Is what it looked like with no plasti dip. ? I miss it some times.... but at the end of the day not a big deal I'll just go back to it one day. On a Side note I do love my Neuspeed front mount. The ait don't really STAY down. Since I'm in Houston. 1000% humidity so if I'm in traffic the temp climbs like a stock one . But the big difference is the second I start moving it cools down nearly instantly.

I wrap cars and have lately been tinkering with the idea to attempt to plasti dip....yours came out great besides the license plate holes. should go back next time and use some body filler and sand it smooth.

Holguin831

Passed Driver's Ed
I wrap cars and have lately been tinkering with the idea to attempt to plasti dip....yours came out great besides the license plate holes. should go back next time and use some body filler and sand it smooth.
This is true . That's the one spot I hate about it and I didn't do it lol. I thought about filling it and sanding it. I used a plastic filler but didn't want to sand it because when I take it off the the paint would look like hell. I think I'm going to just get another bumper anyways though because previous owner must have loved driving behind rock filled 18 wheelers. Bumper and windshield are covered . And I'm assuming the hood too because it's perfect so must have gotten a new one or repainted it.

Renck

Ready to race!
[emoji106] don't forget to leave that one screw out from the passenger belly pan. I skipped over that one bit, in the instructions.

Thanks!

I had a bit of clearance, but I decided to leave the two screws on that are out............better safe than sorry. I might try to cut them down two half as I don't want to have that belly pan just hanging there in that corner.......specially because my car has been lowered.

But, good tip for other folks installing FMIC. :thumbsup:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion