GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Do to Your TDI Today?

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Took the 17" Salamanca wheels down in the garage and took it down to the basement to detail the wheels. Will apply Opti-coat on the wheels on Sunday.

Wont be putting the wheels back on anytime next week, another snowstorm this coming tuesday. :thumbdown:

triggerking135

Passed Driver's Ed
A meter maid here in the Nazi dictatorship of a city named San Francisco, CA decided to issue me a front plate citation last night at 10:15 PM, so I zipped tied my front license plate to my grill and went to a popo station to get it signed off today. :thumbdown:

Also just ordered some strong magnets to put behind my front bumper, so we'll see how that goes in a few days...

I'm going to guess not well if you mean using mags to hold on the plate. Your plate is going to fly off when you accelerate and reach enough wind resistance, no matter how strong they are. and will probably, at minimum, leave a few scratches... that's if it doesn't fly through the windshield like something out of final destination.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

laxmonstar

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey sorry for taking so long to reply.

I asked in the TDI thread because I think the TSI has the same steering wheel?

If I was able to reuse the airbag then that would be brilliant as it would save me a few hundred quid, but I wouldn't mind buying one with one already.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Volks...ts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen:MK+VI&hash=item2c74c56a98

Something like that, seems 'reasonably' priced?

Im a little relucatant to be messing around with the steering wheel though, as I don't really have a clue what I'm doing... something could go badly wrong!!

Thanks for all your help by the way!

You won't need to replace the airbag, yours will match the GTI wheel. If you don't want to mess around with the control steering just get the base GTI wheel with no buttons. Then its as easy as it gets.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I'm going to guess not well if you mean using mags to hold on the plate. Your plate is going to fly off when you accelerate and reach enough wind resistance, no matter how strong they are. and will probably, at minimum, leave a few scratches... that's if it doesn't fly through the windshield like something out of final destination.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Completely untrue ;)

Rare Earth magnets will easily hold the entire front plate assembly to the bumper at over 100 MPH. Ask me how I know... :D

Trevor723

Installed sport pedals this morning and picked up flush mount Whispbar and a pair of Thule Sidearm bike mounts that will be going on tomorrow.

WolfGolf

just installed clear side markers.

Farfromfuelen

I hardwired in a cell phone charger that is always hot.

Parts used:
Bussmann ATC Add-A-Circuit ~$6
RoadPro 12-Volt Socket with Battery clips ~$5
20W Dual Charger ~$10
NTE 1 1/4" adhesive heat shrink w/3:1 shrink ratio ~$6
Extra 20A Fuse I had
Wire/Heatshrink I had

I cut the clips off of the socket and used the heat shrink to hold it in place and keep it from shorting out on anything. Ran the wire to the fuse box and plugged the add a fuse into the circuit as shown below. I didn't remove any existing fuses.
I removed one of the blank switch plates as a temporary solution. I ordered the USB 'switch' which I will wire to the charger. It is coming from overseas and I didn't want to wait.

There are two cables because I have two phones (personal and work).

I'll take more photos when I install the other part in the next couple weeks.

-Jeff

mamock116

Ready to race!
I pulled the flaps out of my intake manifold over the weekend. car doesn't bog when easing off the clutch anymore. Also the low rpms are much more smoother. Its great for in town driving.

nikhsub1

What?
Slapped on the track wheels are rubber for the first time! What else is someone to do when they don't celebrate Easter? :laugh: