GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wing Side GTI Emblem?

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
I think certain colors it works for. White, red and silver. Maybe UG. On black and CSG, no. Too much contrast for me.

But it doesn't look terrible.

The site I ordered mine from offer it also with a Blue background, a Black background, the Red background, or a Gold on Red background as well. Plus they're about $11 shipped, not bad.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...Side-Sticker-Metal-GTI-For-VW/1777956247.html

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
While mk7 owners are debadging theirs, mk6 owners are putting these on :)

That's how it goes man people always want to be different. I put black mirror caps on my CW a few months ago. If they came from the factory black I may have color matched them ;)

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
doesn't look too bad, but works better on Mk7 since it has more angular lines and creases...the mk6 feels too round to sport these wing emblems on the fender

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I actually just saw this on a TR GTI at a meet last night. The regular silver and red badge looked pretty great on TR. It was nice and subtle.

I'd consider the black and silver for my UG..

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I kind of like it too. Wouldn't mind seeing some other shots from some different angles.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Curious how the black one looks on csg

michaelta3105

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the black ones sitting in the back of my black gti. I never thought of going with red, it looks too played out and out of place. I'm still deciding if I want to put mine on..

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I dont like it. Look wierd. Using parts from a differnt generation just dose not sit well for me. I say no.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
This. brinkmen you do realize your rear GTI badge is double sided taped on, right? :rolleyes:

Right lol..:lol:

Actually, double sided tape is very durable. Sounds cheap, but it really isn't. 3M is awesome.

Would you rather him drill holes into his fenders to hold an emblem than weighs half an ounce?

^this

Yes but it is from the factory and stays on better. If it was factory quality I would consider it. I've bought a few things like this online and have never put them on my car because of the low quality mushy double sided tape they came with.

You bought the wrong stuff lol. Or were just too lazy to run to ace or AutoZone for some thicker tape, the thin tape is crap because its not enough to push down and get a solid seal on both side, you need 3M or something at that thickness.

Been having my "MKVI" emblems on the back for a year now, through washes, high speed buffing, waxing, etc.. they still hold like OEM...

NOW, as for OPs badges, I don't like them. Not because of the quality or design, just because the side of our cars are almost perfect, one hard body line and the rest is soo smooth, unless they had a way to seat it to where it was flush, it wouldn't be going on the side of my car, solely for the fact of flushness.