GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

FF_animal

Ready to race!
That sucks. Sounds like he went out of his way. I got a ticket over the weekend for a tinted front license plate cover. Cops by me have been cracking down on this. I knew I was playing with fire.

Wow that's ridiculous! I've been without a front plate for about 4 years and even when I have been pulled over they didn't even notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Got pulled over the other day and got written up for window tint, tinted tail lights, no front plate and believe it if not, too low...

Damn that's in Fontana, CA?
I've been without a front license plate for about 2 years..I'll have to be careful. I go out to San Bernardino often

Cheder9000

Ready to race!
It was actually around Pasadena where I got pulled over. I was on my way to euro17 car show and was doing 80 in the carpool lane. I was a little distracted and didn't see the cop so I didn't slow down. He said he stopped me for speed but didnt write that down.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Try the opposite....freezing the insert ("shrinking" the metal a little) and sliding it into the caliper [emoji106]
Haha they in the freezer as we speak. I do this with failed hard drives all the time so I can spin it long enough to ghost a copy.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Try the opposite....freezing the insert ("shrinking" the metal a little) and sliding it into the caliper :thumbsup:

True but you'll need dry ice no? Lol
I wonder if the hardware fits currently. I would worry about that and the caliper housing cracking if it's not the right size lol.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Man that's be handy - what's the success rate n that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe 3 outta 4 drives. I've only done drives with less than 512gb.

Edit: I'd imagine it gets harder to use ghost to make a copy the bigger the drive is. As it takes longer to copy and thus gets hotter and might fail before it completes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
It was actually around Pasadena where I got pulled over. I was on my way to euro17 car show and was doing 80 in the carpool lane. I was a little distracted and didn't see the cop so I didn't slow down. He said he stopped me for speed but didnt write that down.

if only you could use that against them if you fought it... no cause to pull you over. profiling you based on how awesome your car is.

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
When I did flush, pads, and rotors, we bled the clutch as well. Upon bedding when the pedal dropped to the floor i was scared out my mind. But hasnt happened since, which is why i asked.
Good luck in diagnosis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Appt postponed until next week. I bought some SS brake lines from a member here and plan to install this weekend and re-bleed. I'll try and do the clutch too and see if it improves.