GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI K04 Software vs AWE/GIAC TSI K04 Software

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Im at work so no youtube. I figured this APR TSI K04 Software vs AWE/GIAC TSI K04 was sanctioned by APR but was referring to a more official race where winner gains bragging rights. Again Im at work so I dont know whats fully going on lol.

Let me explain:

APR K04 tuned car destroys GIAC/AWE K04 tuned car

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Here is the result of the first run right before the white car (or white dot in the photo) decided to hit the brakes at the end of the run.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 9.48.19 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 9.48.19 AM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 205

shatooi

Ready to race!
It's good to lay out the facts (as you guys have done) and let the customer make an informed decision on what product fits his/her needs. When your customers ask you questions, answer them honestly (as I'm sure you have) but don't bash each other. If they ask you about the advantages/disadvantages, answer them, but let them make the decision on which product/software is superior. Even if you knew the competitions product would cause severe damage to the customers car and be a high risk it is your responsibility to look out for the customer's best interest, but with facts.

All this bickering between 3 large companies is quite honestly childs play (he said, she said, it's rubbish). If there is one thing I learned in any business, don't talk down your competition. Bashing your competition in my opinion questions your integrity as a person, which is a poor representation of your company. Let the facts and #'s speak for themselves.

I understand how easy it is to get caught up in this kind of stuff and it's difficult not to become defensive. I know you are all just trying to protect your image right now but this never should have even gotten to this point, don't you agree?

Now can't we just all get along?

09mkvgti

Ready to race!
BAM!!! Just watched the video... Makes my product buying decisions easier...

I have the white car in the video and all I can say is that the car is an absolute blast. The car pulls like crazy when you hit it. Unofrotunately, living in a college town it's hard to ever pull as much as I want to, but the few pulls that I do make to fourth gear fell amazing! I just want to say for anybody deciding to purchase the APR tune and the kit when it comes out.....DO IT. You will not regret it!:thumbsup:

intense

Passed Driver's Ed
It would be interesting to see the duel in Mk6 when compared between APR K04 vs AWE/GIAC.

Maybe, as a start two Mk6 with APR map/AWE K04 vs. GIAC map/AWE K04.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
It would be interesting to see the duel in Mk6 when compared between APR K04 vs AWE/GIAC.

Maybe, as a start two Mk6 with APR map/AWE K04 vs. GIAC map/AWE K04.

they share the same engine/drive train i believe. so the outcome would be the same.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
GIAC: We're suing APR for slandering
APR: On what grounds
GIAC: We're angry and you suck
APR: I beg your pardon?
GIAC: We're making 360hp to the crank with our K04
APR: And we're making 330hp to the crank and still destroying your tune
GIAC:.....................Do you have proof?
APR: [Youtube vid]

GIAC:

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
wow. people in these forums seriously need to calm down. guys, yes, I think we can all agree that GIAC did a shitty job tuning AWE's K04 kit. I have no personal experience with this but from everything I've read it seems like GIAC did a terrible job.

My problem here is that we've had a tuner that's been in the business for so long, has put out loads of great products in the past for all sorts of cars, they screw one job up, and everyone essentially runs them out of town. Is it fair to tell GIAC to step its game up? Yes. Is it fair to throw loads of $hit at them for botching 1 job? Not exactly. If you prefer APR or another company, or feel that APR did a better job on this particular task, then by all means buy APR's product. But to run competitors out of town is ridiculous, especially when it has been tuner competition all along that brought all these companies up to the levels they have reached. $hit on GIAC all you want, but don't do so without the realization that they are partly what made other companies so great through competition. If you guys want to narrow down the amount of tuners out there, good for you, enjoy higher prices for products which come from single companies that dominate the industry. End rant

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
GIAC: We're suing APR for slandering
APR: On what grounds
GIAC: We're angry and you suck
APR: I beg your pardon?
GIAC: We're making 360hp to the crank with our K04
APR: And we're making 330hp to the crank and still destroying your tune
GIAC:.....................Do you have proof?
APR: [Youtube vid]

GIAC:

thats so juvenile, but soooooo funny

I guess it needs to be said that AWE's kit is NOT the only hardware that GIAC has made specific TSI K04 software for... We have been working with GIAC to create a new file to take the K04 to a higher power level, and have been very pleased with our results.

Our current turbo system includes a combination of OEM parts as well as our own intake and exhaust.

Some "specs" contrary to what has been said in this thread so far, our software, as tuned by GIAC to our hardware system:
--Injector duty cycles <7.5ms
--Mid 11 AFR
--Factory EGT protection
--20.45psi (2410mBar) maximum boost

Dyno plot and more information coming shortly.