GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
By "cels" do you mean Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)? Did you have any trouble codes present? Can you provide a screenshot of the VCDS readiness? It'll be pretty clear which readiness monitors failed if viewing the readiness via VCDS. More information here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/readiness.php

No actual codes just my readiness showed incomplete for o2 sensor and o2 sensor heater. I'll try and attach a pic of the vcds read out.

I should've clarified, the cel that I had were unrelated to any engine component, they were a door lock mechanism code and some navigation error code.

http://imgur.com/IfF1NME

Last edited:

MmmmmBoost

Ready to race!
Alright boys, here it is.

bigtim3727

I installed the S1+ file on my 2012 GLI in Jan of 2016, and even though I'm
used to the extra power by now, it still puts a huge smile on my face every
time i step on the gas. Cant wait to eventually go to S2 and S2+

funny thing is, the car was stock for the first 10k miles of ownership, and it was giving me
tons of headaches. I bought it with 31k, turbo blew at 34k, and the HPFP was
replaced at 38K. I installed s1+ at 42k, and aside from a coil pack going bad a
few days after the install, it's been surprisingly reliable. I just hit 74K a few
days ago.

I used the uniconnect+ cable to install it, and it was the first time I ever flashed an ECU, so I was overly nervous about screwing something up, even though I've read that there's really nothing to it. I had the unitronic program running, uniconnect+ hooked into the OBDII port, and I accidentally knocked the the cord out of the OBD II port while the unitronic program was running, and the key turned to the accessory position.

I go to start the car; the gauges started to go mental, and even though it was showing all the tell-tale signs of a dead battery, a feeling of complete dread set in as I thought " fuckkkkkkkkkkkk, I knew i shouldn't have done this! I must have a bricked ECU when I unplugged the obdII cord wahhh"

I didn't realize that I had the key in the accessory position long enough for it to drain the battery. :laugh:

Anyway, are you guys going to develop any tunes for the the new H4 in the Porsche boxter?(718, or whatever they're calling it now)or is there simply not a high enough demand?

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Alright boys, here it is.

Nice results. :thumbsup:

I installed the S1+ file on my 2012 GLI in Jan of 2016, and even though I'm
used to the extra power by now, it still puts a huge smile on my face every
time i step on the gas. Cant wait to eventually go to S2 and S2+

funny thing is, the car was stock for the first 10k miles of ownership, and it was giving me
tons of headaches. I bought it with 31k, turbo blew at 34k, and the HPFP was
replaced at 38K. I installed s1+ at 42k, and aside from a coil pack going bad a
few days after the install, it's been surprisingly reliable. I just hit 74K a few
days ago.

I used the uniconnect+ cable to install it, and it was the first time I ever flashed an ECU, so I was overly nervous about screwing something up, even though I've read that there's really nothing to it. I had the unitronic program running, uniconnect+ hooked into the OBDII port, and I accidentally knocked the the cord out of the OBD II port while the unitronic program was running, and the key turned to the accessory position.

I go to start the car; the gauges started to go mental, and even though it was showing all the tell-tale signs of a dead battery, a feeling of complete dread set in as I thought " fuckkkkkkkkkkkk, I knew i shouldn't have done this! I must have a bricked ECU when I unplugged the obdII cord wahhh"

I didn't realize that I had the key in the accessory position long enough for it to drain the battery. :laugh:

Anyway, are you guys going to develop any tunes for the the new H4 in the Porsche boxter?(718, or whatever they're calling it now)or is there simply not a high enough demand?

Sorry to hear about your trouble. It's very important not to interrupt the programming process for any reason.

No, we don't have any immediate plans for the new Porsche Boxster; sorry!

does the dsg tune optimize the manual mode? do i need the dsg tune if I drive in manual all the time?

We improve the gear change speeds and provide optional manual mode automatic upshift removal. Aside from that, manual mode is pretty straight forward as it's "manual" per the driver's input.

Joveen

Ready to race!
I thought you guys were coming out with a big turbo for the mk6?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
John,

Will the new BT software updates be available through UniConnect or will they require a bench flash?

You will be able to flash via uniconnect+ after you purchase the big turbo kit, the file will be added for an existing customer. Additional upgrades to the kit when you purchase the upgrade. Like how its done with the stg 1, 1+, 2 and 2+ currently.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
You will be able to flash via uniconnect+ after you purchase the big turbo kit, the file will be added for an existing customer. Additional upgrades to the kit when you purchase the upgrade. Like how its done with the stg 1, 1+, 2 and 2+ currently.

Well crap now do I wait for the BT or just go K04 :iono: