GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yep, the initial start up and farts are obnoxious...i will say though if you delete your resonator like bart did, youre on a whole different level of obnoxiousness lol.

edited my post: (reason) to not trigger mod
original post referenced how my oem clutch was holding up. rofl who gives 2 shits about a crap clutch that needed to be upgraded anyways like everything else on the car
:cool:

:ROFLCOPTER:
:this:

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
i thought only first year or 2 of golf R didnt have sunroofs..pretty sure they on R's now...

2017 doesn't have one. 2018 isn't supposed to but guess we won't know until they get here. The R is heavy enough without one and given the number of GTI guys with sunroof leaks I don't miss it.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
2017 doesn't have one. 2018 isn't supposed to but guess we won't know until they get here. The R is heavy enough without one and given the number of GTI guys with sunroof leaks I don't miss it.

My leak was a back door seal. I could take the sunroof or leave it. I don't like the sun shining down on me so I really only use it after sundown.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
original post referenced how my oem clutch was holding up. rofl who gives 2 shits about a crap clutch that needed to be upgraded anyways like everything else on the car

:cool:

:this:

Most people have DSG issues with false neutral, which is a $500 tune to fix that and the extra clutch grab (whatever technical term it is) is really nice!... ask me how I know, half way to a new clutch. Pray to the car heavens you don't ever need clutch packs, those start at $1500 for OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Most people have DSG issues with false neutral, which is a $500 tune to fix that and the extra clutch grab (whatever technical term it is) is really nice!... ask me how I know, half way to a new clutch. Pray to the car heavens you don't ever need clutch packs, those start at $1500 for OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so much this

wElL HOw DOes yOur sToCK dSg HOLd POweR?!

Jaber

Modero
I've been thinking of getting a dsg tune. Probably Unitronic Stage 1. Stage 2 sounds too aggressive.

Slowspec

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been absent for a while, can't say I was ever super active, but anyways, do you guys still do Thursday meet ups in the area? I have a white 4dr gti with rep LED tails usually running around Naperville. Current mods are unitronic intake. GFB DV+, unitronic DV relocate, R8 coils, Ngk plugs, billy boat TBE. My COBB AP will arrive tomorrow and I'll be Stratified tuned shortly after. Looking forward to it. Anyone here Cobb tunes? OTS or otherwise?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
dsg farts are great for one thing. I know which driver has a vagina and which has a dong without seeing them

:wub:

^

#dongsquad

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I've been absent for a while, can't say I was ever super active, but anyways, do you guys still do Thursday meet ups in the area? I have a white 4dr gti with rep LED tails usually running around Naperville. Current mods are unitronic intake. GFB DV+, unitronic DV relocate, R8 coils, Ngk plugs, billy boat TBE. My COBB AP will arrive tomorrow and I'll be Stratified tuned shortly after. Looking forward to it. Anyone here Cobb tunes? OTS or otherwise?

You ever on Ogden in Downers Grove? I saw a car that matches your description last week or maybe the week before.

Slowspec

Passed Driver's Ed
You ever on Ogden in Downers Grove? I saw a car that matches your description last week or maybe the week before.

Possibly, I'm Up and down Ogden and Roosevelt a lot. Live in Wheaton, work in Naperville, but all over the place on the weekends.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Yep gonna buy the one you linked me to :thumbsup:

..along with a sprayer for hose since mine decided to literally explode this past weekend.

Did you order the Blackfire stuff yet? I'm going to order the Total Polish and Seal. It looks like a good one step product.

Status
Not open for further replies.