GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[Video]MK6 GTI APR Stage 2 vs Mini Cooper S vs Ford F-350

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I had an 03 John Cooper Works Mini and it suprised alot of cars with its speed. It had 210hp because of an updated jcw tune and injectors.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
I had an 03 John Cooper Works Mini and it suprised alot of cars with its speed. It had 210hp because of an updated jcw tune and injectors.
Definitely no slouch :D

warchieft2k

Ready to race!
i had a 2003 mini cooper s manual before my gti and i can tell you with the mods i had on my mini it was faster than my gti today with stage 2...

i had 19% reduction pulley on the super charger, and 4% reduction on the crank pulley, larger injectors, larger intercooler, headers and exhaust... and a few more things... at 21 PSI i was putting down around 240hp to the front wheels about the same and my GTI now and the mini is like 300 pounds less...

only problem with the mini is that if you have kids they do not fit in the back lol so i went GTI...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i had a 2003 mini cooper s manual before my gti and i can tell you with the mods i had on my mini it was faster than my gti today with stage 2...

i had 19% reduction pulley on the super charger, and 4% reduction on the crank pulley, larger injectors, larger intercooler, headers and exhaust... and a few more things... at 21 PSI i was putting down around 240hp to the front wheels about the same and my GTI now and the mini is like 300 pounds less...

only problem with the mini is that if you have kids they do not fit in the back lol so i went GTI...

stage 2 gti cost under $1,000

curious to know what pulley, crank pulley, intercooler, headers, exhaust and a few more things cost on a (bmw) mini cooper...with labor would cost. plus dem heavy mini cooper s run flats

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

curious to know what pulley, crank pulley, intercooler, headers, exhaust and a few more things cost on a (bmw) mini cooper...with labor would cost. plus dem heavy mini cooper s run flats

I owned 2 MINI's before the GTI. I had an 05 and 08 S. Dry the MINI's weigh in at around 2700lbs. They "can" be quick but it requires a bit of $$$.... Stock, they are really not as fast as you'd think.... Specially the old R53 S, 163hp.... if it's a JCW 210.

I like the cars, only problem is the build quality is terrible, I have a list a mile long with the issues I had on both cars....

Brinkmen

VW NUT!

I believe the JCW package on the '03 I had was a ~$5000 dealer add on. The are all done at the factory now.

I owned 2 MINI's before the GTI. I had an 05 and 08 S. Dry the MINI's weigh in at around 2700lbs. They "can" be quick but it requires a bit of $$$.... Stock, they are really not as fast as you'd think.... Specially the old R53 S, 163hp.... if it's a JCW 210.

I like the cars, only problem is the build quality is terrible, I have a list a mile long with the issues I had on both cars....

Yeah I'd say an S is about fast enough to get out of its own way. The JCW was fast though. I smacked quite a few Honda's in it, including a few newer Prelude SHs w/ mods, and a couple RSX Type S. I think off the line it was almost as fast as my Stage 1 DSG. But the fun factor was much higher. Ah I miss that supercharger whine. I'd go as far to say that the JCW I had was the most fun car I've driven. Especially on back roads. I'll never forget nor cal back country roads with the REME mini club. So much fun driving the sh*t out of that car.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

almost bought a mini cooper before the gti..i know they have serious potential with add ons. not the biggest gains but the weight of the car is what really mattered
I believe the JCW package on the '03 I had was a ~$5000 dealer add on. The are all done at the factory now.
Yeah I'd say an S is about fast enough to get out of its own way. The JCW was fast though. I smacked quite a few Honda's in it, including a few newer Prelude SHs w/ mods, and a couple RSX Type S. I think off the line it was almost as fast as my Stage 1 DSG. But the fun factor was much higher. Ah I miss that supercharger whine. I'd go as far to say that the JCW I had was the most fun car I've driven. Especially on back roads. I'll never forget nor cal back country roads with the REME mini club. So much fun driving the sh*t out of that car.

yep jcw is the tits. mini coopers need suspension and rims straight off the bat

cant tell you how many times i watched this video when making decision. ultimately came down to dsg being more ideal for daily driving and storage space etc. mini cooper coupes mmmmh

fast2ghl

Ready to race!