GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

uglybastard's PSSMKLLR GTI owner journal

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Do u think they drop more than dg springs ( previously had those ) an i have coilovers i just uninstalled an up for sale. I just missed the comfort

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

can't say as these VWRs are the only lowering ive done. as i understand it DG's will bring you lower by about an inch. VWR is less than that as i mentioned earlier. ive heard nothing but good things about DG springs, but im happy with my height right now. i have read that the spring rate is great. im sure there are people on here with Koni Orange / DG setup who could comment more....

Russellvw21

Ready to race!
Mmm either way il be happy with the set up . Hope itl feel tighter around corners . I've got a rear sway bar already. I think suspension makes a great difference when improved

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
exciting things will be happening over the next few weeks... DEPO R LED tails, P3 boost gauge (until i get the analog center vent mount one i want), R8 coils and NGK platinum (PFR7S8EG) sparkplugs. And a frontlip i bought from OnePerfectDose that i colormatched using rattlecan paint from scratchwizard. and if i get around to wetsanding and re-clear-coating it, an ebay ABT style front grille.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
today was a busy day. installed:

R8 coils and NGK platinum (PFR7S8EG) plugs... glad i found the torque spec so i could use my torque wrench for once... 22ft-lb, for those who want to know.

oil change. nothing too exciting about that but added to the work i was doing.

DEPO LED Golf R tails, dark cherry:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i've decided i want something a little more protective than a piece of plastic that is my skid plate...

from what i gather there are a few options out there... i'm open to any. ECS makes them and has on sale right now, but they will never get a dime from me again. I'd buy a used one from a member though.

Other brands i have seen out there: DieselGeek, Evolution Imports, and Rennline.

If you know you'll be selling or want to trade for my plastic one because you're going back to stock (with some cash involved from my end obviously....) then let me know.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
installed new ABT style grille for the winter (i intend to modify the stock one a bit and reinstall for spring), and installed a color-matched (by me) front lip.

Front lip install gave me trouble - the alignment clips did not align with the spots in my front bumper...

http://i.imgur.com/YsoAq5Ul.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/u6FqC6Nl.jpg

so i clipped off about half of them and screwed the thing in place where the screw holes were. there is a small gap now, might give it some time and affix to to be flush later with some caulking.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Looking at exhaust options, i'm now considering something from Milltek:

Model SSXVW187

Turbo-back including Hi-Flow Sports Cat
3-inch Race System with Black Trims
System Number: SSXVW187
Consists of:
1 x Cast Large Bore Downpipe with 200cell Race Catalyst {Replaces MSAU342SPR} 1 x Front Connecting Pipe 1 x Centre Silencer Assembly 1 x Twin Rear Silencer Assembly 2 x Matt-Black Tip

Tailpipe Style:
Dual 100mm GT100B

Pipe diameter: 3.00"

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Went in to the repair shop for the install of my replacement front lip spoiler. Got it color-matched as i had before, though this one was done my a professional. the install took a bit because this part is a PITA to install.

Will try to get more pictures of this on the car once i can clean my car again. and once it is warm enough to remove the lamin-x film from my driver side fog light. Replacing it with clear lamin-x film instead of the previously tinted film i had on them.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Bought an android head unit from eBay (it was cheaper than an advertised GB). Will do an independent review on the install and unit itself when it arrives.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did not end up keeping the android head unit. OEM is far fast and functionally sound enough to endure. Might look into other options - OEM, maybe RNS 510

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
also bought a Jeep (WJ) Grand cherokee for a daily/beater. it has 4x4 so i can survive better in winter driving, as well as do things in other seasons so i wont have to bottom out my mk6. I am going to declare this a project car, soon enough.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
installed new ABT style grille for the winter (i intend to modify the stock one a bit and reinstall for spring), and installed a color-matched (by me) front lip.

Front lip install gave me trouble - the alignment clips did not align with the spots in my front bumper...

http://i.imgur.com/YsoAq5Ul.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/u6FqC6Nl.jpg

so i clipped off about half of them and screwed the thing in place where the screw holes were. there is a small gap now, might give it some time and affix to to be flush later with some caulking.

same issue here!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
same issue here!

Oh yeah - So i got hit on the front bumper while parked a while back and it damaged the lip.. got insurance to pay for a new one, had it professionally colormatched and installed - the guys complained about the fitment but were able to make it happen. I think they put a heat gun to the plastic to make it more complaint when installing.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Took a trip to White Mountains Nat'l forest, on the Kancamagus highway the other day. snapped a few pics at the outlooks along the way