GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Z28 Camaro 1999

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
they are 3403 mt and 3420 at...the 5 speed is a nice advantage for the z28

he didn't see mike compared crank i guess haha

What 5 speed? :laugh:

It has a T56 6 speed manual or 4 speed slushbox. Since when is a GTI sub 3k lbs. Last I checked they are close to 3200.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like "he" can't drive for shit. A good intake is worth about 15rwp on an LS1 the stock one is shit.

As a professional ls1 builder, I can confirm this. But only if paired with the larger maf sensor. The small factory and smallish aftermarkets still plug it up. You need at least a 78 or higher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

VINNY1

Ready to race!
55 in first? that's really tall, I know the V8 is making alot of torque, but with that kind of gearing it cant be that quick. Than again I know 5th and 6th in newer Vett's are gas savers, so they're puting all the power down early.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
55 in first? that's really tall, I know the V8 is making alot of torque, but with that kind of gearing it cant be that quick. Than again I know 5th and 6th in newer Vett's are gas savers, so they're puting all the power down early.

It's actually a good thing that their gearing is so long, everytime you shift you lose a little bit of time. Over a whole course lap it adds up.

Bose

Ready to race!
My 98 LS1 with intake, headers, no cats, exhaust, AT torque conv, 4:10 gears, ET streets, and a Denny's driveshaft ran 12.6 all day long. Added a Vortec and got into the 11's...but that's a different animal all together.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

I have a 2002 Anniversary Edition SS. Not sure if I ever did 55 in 1st, but I remember passing 90 in 4th once. LOL

And yes, very long gearing for mileage, at 75MPH in 6th gear it pulls in over 31MPG.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2002 Anniversary Edition SS. Not sure if I ever did 55 in 1st, but I remember passing 90 in 4th once. LOL

And yes, very long gearing for mileage, at 75MPH in 6th gear it pulls in over 31MPG.

You can do 90 in 3rd, easy. :)

Yeah, I love my 6 speed LSx cars... great package.