GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spirius' baesic GTI

Spirius

Ready to race!

Hi I'm EJ

I got my 2-door black 2011 GTI 6MT used in Sept. of 2013.
It was cloth seats, no nav, no sunroof, no power seats, and halogens. Base of the base, just the way I like it.
I decided to document everything as the 1 year anniversary with my bae approaches.

As a kid, I played the Need for Speed: Underground games and that influenced my love for VW's hot hatches. It, however, did not influence me to get pulsing neon underlights and body kits with a million vents. But ever since then, I've had my eyes on a GTI.

I am a lot younger than most of the golfmk6 crowd and I've seen some spite that goes on in here where the younger people are seen as spoiled and 'sponsored by mommy and daddy' but I have a job, go to school full time and pay for a majority of my nice things. Regardless, I am enormously grateful and blessed to have a GTI, especially it being a MK6.

Cosmetic

Wheels:
STR 601 18x8.5et30 (sold)
3SDM .06 18x8.5et42 / 18x9.5et40

Suspension:
H&R Ultralow (for sale)
AirLift Slam Series Fronts
AirLift Rears
AirLift Slam Series Shocks
AutoPilot V2 Management
IDF Rear Upper Control Arms

Misc.
  • Dark Cherry LED Taillight Reps
  • Smoked sidemarkers
  • Forge BOV Adapter
  • Yellow Lamin-x Foglight Tint
  • Home Depot Lip
  • Custom catback/exhaust tips
  • Rear wiper delete
  • Debadged rear
  • some dumb stickers
  • frame C-notch
Interior
  • Plaid gauge cluster insert
  • TWM Performance weighted Desert Eagle Shift knob
  • Monstermat floormats
  • Custom trunk; hardwood false floor
Vagcom Tweaks [(thanks to Marc (kinetic)]
  • Foglights set as DRLs
  • Gauge sweep on start
Performance
  • lol

Stock as h*ck

Most current picture of the bae (front and rear shots)

Chronological Pictures
Sept 2013
Day 1

Nov 7, 2013
Got some monster mats!

Nov 9, 2013
Was getting really busy with school and didn't have much time to do much to my car, plus I was still trying to get the hang of stick. But I went out on my first shoot

Nov 28, 2013
Installed yellow lamin-x fog light tint

Love the h*ck out of it

Jan 2, 2014
Didn't get anything for Christmas. literally nothing :( but it's okay. I decided to treat myself. Got work done at Ventura Motorsports. ((((wouldn't recommend them)))

ST Coilovers on gold STR 601 (LM Reps). basic.
At the time I was like ddaaaaaaaammnnn
now i'm like "did I actually think that looked good?"
it was a work in progress.

Jan 20, 2014
Dipped the front emblem. meh

Jan 28, 2014
Dark Cherry LED Tail Reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obligatory

March 1, 2014
Headed to the Illest Orange County Warehouse Sale

March 30, 2014
First Last Sunday event! It was the Neuspeed Open House cruise. Very very fun and organized.

April 21, 2014 (hahaha 4:21 blaze it sorry traffic was crazy)
drove around with 3 other passengers and

Learned that there is a bolt that comes with our cars from the factory and can be used to adjust camber. made a quick trip to an alignment shop
got -3* in the rear. Nice and subtle. Pretty much unnoticeable unless you look for it. Regardless of looks, the goal was achieved. No rubbing
:thumbsup:

how she sat. Thought the license plate frame was fitting

went on a shoot. pics are from a friend.

May 4, 2014 (may the fourth be with you and stuff)
Was anticipating on going lower so took some more precautionary measures.
Had tony (eurocabi) roll/pull my fenders and also (I don't have a picture of getting them) I got 205/40 nitto neogens up front.

May 6, 2014
installed the notorious home depot lip. Dunno why everyone hates it, I think it looks awesome. The fact that it's a garage door weather liner probably angers some people, but it looks good so why does it matter what it is?

May 13, 2014
*drumroll*

H&R Ultralows
big shout out to Mike (mwrmt) all the way from Canada, eh!

May 14, 2014
Had them installed by Kawika (krz_hayn), thank you again :thumbup:

May 16, 2014
The fitment was super tight, obviously. It would rub when I would turn going like 15mph so I went to an alignment shop and asked them to max out the camber. they laughed at me but did it anyways. -4.5* in the rear

May 27, 2014
Was tired of getting sketched out and rolling my windows down everytime I saw a cop because I had tints on my front windows. I also liked the fishbowl look so I thought, "meh, just remove all of it"

June 1, 2014
not related to my car, but my cousin works at Carmax and sometimes when it's slow and I'm available, we'll hang out and test drive random cars. Test drove this beauty

*insert joke about subaru interior here*

June 24, 2014
Did a muffler and resonator delete and also got custom tips, meh

July 13, 2014
Went to the 88rotors meet in LA. I love going to meets but hate it at the same time. I go in thinking "yeah my car is pretty low" and then I leave thinking "fuck I need to go lower." So I did.

yo dawg i heard u like home depot lips so i put a home depot lip on your home depot lip so u can look like trash while looking like trash

Spun the H&R Ultralows all the way down up front

July 17, 2014
got kinda bored with my lil weenie exhaust tips so I thought I might step my game up. swapped the tips out.

Jul 18, 2014
Took some shots with the new exhausties.I love them

July 21, 2014
More stickers arrived *insert joke about stickers adding horsepower here*

read windshield was definitely cluttered. I wasn't planning on keeping the left side stickers on. Just didn't have enough time to remove em

July 23, 2014
TWM Performance aka overpriced shift knob arrived. Installed that along with uninstalling some stickers, then an obligatory shoot

August 4, 2014
2nd layer of home depot lip fell off while I was trying to get to the carwash. No problem, its cheap! Reinstalled.

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Totally different, I like it! :thumbsup:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Those tips.

Spirius

Ready to race!
thx. I love the tips. I have hit my shin a few times on them while handwashing my car though lol

any performance mods planned?

not really tbh. If I would, the most I would do would probably be stage 1 and an intake. yeah, boring.. But for right now I'm not really concerned with power.
I should've gotten a Golf, I know :laugh:

Do you have a notch?

Looks much better by the way :)

whatcha mean? Hood notch, frame notch, crotch notch?

zrickety

The Fixer
I like it. Less options = less problems. Stage 1 is really all you need, with some subtle mods to the stock intake.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
thx. I love the tips. I have hit my shin a few times on them while handwashing my car though lol

not really tbh. If I would, the most I would do would probably be stage 1 and an intake. yeah, boring.. But for right now I'm not really concerned with power.
I should've gotten a Golf, I know :laugh:

whatcha mean? Hood notch, frame notch, crotch notch?

Hahaha :) frame notch!

Also possibly a crotch notch

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Nice build! Nice and thorough diary as well. Love it! I gotta hit up Tony to roll my fenders again. Lol.

Spirius

Ready to race!
Nice build! Nice and thorough diary as well. Love it! I gotta hit up Tony to roll my fenders again. Lol.

thanks mang! I'm so glad iphones save dates otherwise I'd have no clue when any of this stuff happened lol.
Tony is awesome.
his driveway scares me though, so steep

Spirius

Ready to race!
Do you hit axle?

i'm going to sound very nooby right now but does the sound of hitting axle come from the passenger side? or what does it even sound like? Because sometimes when going onto inclines in parking lots etc I hear some clunking on the passenger side which I'm assuming are my coils. I might raise it a few threads just to diagnose the problem. It only started happening when I dumped my fronts all the way down. it's just weird that it's only on my passenger side

Last edited: