GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eonon Comes here with our Great GM5152/GM5153, D5152/D5153 VW Golf Car DVD GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogif

Remember they are in china...most likely won't be in till Sunday 8pm central US time. It's Saturday 5:16am there as I post this...they do not work weekends either

Yup, realize the different time zone. I did not expect to be answered quickly as well. Gonna wait till monday then.
Thanks for remind.

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Okay so I think I might have found out why my head unit isn't working. Hoping someone can help me figure this out though. So it appears I have the dynaudio system in my car including the factory amp. I'm wondering if that's the reason why the head unit won't play any sound. If so, if I connect the blue/white amp wire to the that factory amp will it work and if so which color wire am I connecting it to? I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the amp. Also if I disconnect the amp what problems am I looking at? will it trigger any error codes?

-DT

Edit Update: Guess not. I tried to connect the blue power amp wire to the amp wire on the harness but that didn't do anything. So I guess I'm still SOL and have to send it back. *sigh*

-DT

Last edited:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi carlos, any update on this? Thanks.

Hi yogif, I've sent an Email to you with answer on July 17, seems that you have not checked it?

Anyway, I can tell you here also, I've asked our tech. Your steering wheel buttons only has one for bluetooth right? If so, it can only realize receiving function. If you want our unit to realize the hang up function, there should be one more button on your steering wheel. So you can't receive and hang up the phone at the same time by using only this button. Hope you can understand, thanks!

Okay so I think I might have found out why my head unit isn't working. Hoping someone can help me figure this out though. So it appears I have the dynaudio system in my car including the factory amp. I'm wondering if that's the reason why the head unit won't play any sound. If so, if I connect the blue/white amp wire to the that factory amp will it work and if so which color wire am I connecting it to? I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the amp. Also if I disconnect the amp what problems am I looking at? will it trigger any error codes?

-DT

Edit Update: Guess not. I tried to connect the blue power amp wire to the amp wire on the harness but that didn't do anything. So I guess I'm still SOL and have to send it back. *sigh*

-DT

Hi DekeTurbo, no worry I'll take good care of your return case, and try our best to ship a new one to you asap. You'll finally get satisfied with our unit. ;)

yogif

Hi yogif, I've sent an Email to you with answer on July 17, seems that you have not checked it?

Anyway, I can tell you here also, I've asked our tech. Your steering wheel buttons only has one for bluetooth right? If so, it can only realize receiving function. If you want our unit to realize the hang up function, there should be one more button on your steering wheel. So you can't receive and hang up the phone at the same time by using only this button. Hope you can understand, thanks!

hi carlos, seems it goes directly to my junk mail. sorry for that. too bad it can use as a double function button.
but i read in the manual book that we can customized the button function by setting up on the bluetooth screen menu. i have been trying but didnt work on mine. i did a long press for saving function like the manual said, but nothing happen. all still as default function. would you please guide me the step how to change it? just want to make sure what i miss.

and please kindly remind me if you only direct mail me. many thanks :thumbup:

emptyheader

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi evilbunny, no worry I’ll try my best to help you. I’ve asked about our tech about your issue and how to connect the blue ANT cable, will inform you by Email for better record in the future. Pls kindly wait for a while, thanks!

Thanks carlos! Connecting the blue wire to the blue power wire on the unit worked. I am now quite happy with the unit! :thumbup:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
hi carlos, seems it goes directly to my junk mail. sorry for that. too bad it can use as a double function button.
but i read in the manual book that we can customized the button function by setting up on the bluetooth screen menu. i have been trying but didnt work on mine. i did a long press for saving function like the manual said, but nothing happen. all still as default function. would you please guide me the step how to change it? just want to make sure what i miss.

and please kindly remind me if you only direct mail me. many thanks :thumbup:

Hi yogif, I've just asked our tech about your question, will update you once there's any news, thanks!

Thanks carlos! Connecting the blue wire to the blue power wire on the unit worked. I am now quite happy with the unit! :thumbup:

Hi evilbunny, glad to hear that, what a great job! :thumbsup:
Welcome to share with us your installation pics and reviews then, thanks a lot! :D

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Carlos

Any updates with my issue? I've emailed you twice in regards to my unit being returned and sent you the money for the return label. I'd like to get this back to you and resolved ASAP.

-DT

bluejag82

Hi, my car is a Golf 1.6 105 (V6), can you confirm this unit works, i see a lot of differents models and dont be sure what model its the suitable.
What is the difference between GM5153T and GM5153

Thanks for you time

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Just curious how many others have gotten the Eonon and have the Dyanaudio excite package. Did you have to do anything special to get the Eonon head unit to work? If not can you confirm it was plug and play?

Thanks!
-DT

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Hi, my car is a Golf 1.6 105 (V6), can you confirm this unit works, i see a lot of differents models and dont be sure what model its the suitable.

Thanks for you time

After looking over the spec sheet for both it appears they are exactly the same, just different compatibility for cars.

-DT

Last edited:

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion

Thanks for you time

After looking over the spec sheet for both it appears they are exactly the same, just different compatibility for cars.

-DT

Hi bluejag82, thanks for your interest! The GM5153T and GM5153 refers to the same VW model with same function and compatibility, just GM5153T is special for group buy.

You're from Spain right? I've noticed that you have already ordered, thanks a lot! :clap: Welcome to share with us your installation pics and reviews after getting it, cheers! :D

DekeTurbo

Ready to race!
Hi Carlos
Just want to verify you got my email in regards to my return. I have the box ready and did everything you asked for (other than the instructions for the second email you're supposed to send which I haven't gotten yet). Still just need the label for it. Also do you know if I have to be home when it's picked up or can I leave it at the door?

Thanks,
-DT

Renner

Go Kart Champion
Hi Carlos
Just want to verify you got my email in regards to my return. I have the box ready and did everything you asked for (other than the instructions for the second email you're supposed to send which I haven't gotten yet). Still just need the label for it. Also do you know if I have to be home when it's picked up or can I leave it at the door?

Thanks,
-DT

Call FEDEX and have them hold it at a local office or a Kinkos...whatever is closer just to be safe that you get it on the day you are supposed to & you don't miss delivery...just a tip :)

bluejag82

Hi bluejag82, thanks for your interest! The GM5153T and GM5153 refers to the same VW model with same function and compatibility, just GM5153T is special for group buy.

You're from Spain right? I've noticed that you have already ordered, thanks a lot! :clap: Welcome to share with us your installation pics and reviews after getting it, cheers! :D

Thanks for your answer Carlos.
Very fast the shipment, i paid yestarday and this morning (europe) get the tracking.
After read the 17 pages, and try to buy the dual fakra in the web which tell us renner, the package was 40 $.
I found in ebay i think its the same, and send for Europe if anyone need

CT27AA56 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF VI 2009 ONWARD DOUBLE OEM AERIAL 1 DOUBLE FAKRA - DIN
http://www.ebay.es/itm/160768506253

Another question its about tools needed, any suggestion where to buy?

I'll try to share my pics Carlos ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.