GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought new clutch mk6 gti

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a new clutch for my 2011 GTI, anyone got any tips or anything for me to install new clutch or a link to help me out. Do I need any special tools. Anything would help thanks.

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the link
About to do mine. If I missed it sorry but other than the hardware for the new clutch and flywheel, is there any other hardware that I have to Chang out completely and not put old bolts in. If so plz let me know. I just ordered clutch so i got a little time to get and prepare for everything

Letus

Passed Driver's Ed
Besides what comes with the clutch, you will need all the trans mount bolts and the axle flange bolts.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Man, clutch installs always make me paranoid. Especially if you bring it to a shop. You don't know if your car will come back as good as it went in, despite having a brand new clutch. There is so much involved during the removal and putting it back the same way you took it apart. At least your attempting it on your own (cred for that), so it minimizes the weirdness of the car once your done, lol.

WTF-IDK

Ready to race!
Just bought a new clutch for my 2011 GTI, anyone got any tips or anything for me to install new clutch or a link to help me out. Do I need any special tools. Anything would help thanks.

What clutch kit did you go with? Mind me asking the cost?

WTF-IDK

Ready to race!
I bought a SPEC clutch. Stage 3, 16 lbs flywheel. $960 not cheap to me but I'll go bigger turbo eventually. If you want link just let me know

A link would be awesome.

My clutch is starting to slip and I'm only at stage 1.
I'm glad I didn't buy a DP last month. That's cash I need for a clutch now.

Jimmy orange

Passed Driver's Ed

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
A link would be awesome.

My clutch is starting to slip and I'm only at stage 1.

I'm glad I didn't buy a DP last month. That's cash I need for a clutch now.

It's more than you need at stage 1, but if you're planning on going bigger later, I have a rebuilt DXD Stage 3 daily for sale in the classifieds!

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90609

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk