GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM style LED projectors - Replica

Rumble79

Ready to race!
OEM style LED projectors replicated, but look pretty darn close to OEM. I like the setup of the LEDs even more than OEM since they don't seem to make a full "U" shape around the projector. Post your interest on Vortex and here people! These are designed for halogen cars who want projector replacements.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...uipped-Cars!&p=71795777&posted=1#post71795777

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Interested.

Are the inside projectors the DRLS and outer ones the lows? where are the high beams?

Any pics of the LEDS running?

I guess they are halogen...can we install hids?

TDI110

O_o
I think in the Vortex link it says that they are HID with all necessary hardware already installed and ready to go.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
too much money for an unproven unit, at this point you may as well save another 300 dollars and buy the factory ones outright.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
looks awfully close to the OEM ones :confused: yet you are saying its not the full "U" around?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The LED's on OEM are different from these. Barely, but different.

see?

Though I do like the two projector set up.

interesting... very very small/subtle difference. Still looks like a christmas tree ornament to me.

MK5 Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
too much money for an unproven unit, at this point you may as well save another 300 dollars and buy the factory ones outright.

Pretty sure OEMs are alot more.

New OEM housing, ballasts, bulbs and new CECM unit for most of us non-GTI halogen golfs

more like 2x the price, unless u can find used parts.

Crawfish00

Greaux saints
Oem isn't that far away on price.. For 800$ I'd go oem. A friend of mine works for vw so it's cost plus 10% for me last time I checked the led version isn't available in the US yet.. Also I don't care for the chrome around the projector.. I like the R version better with the black..

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Too each his own, looks Girly or G*y to me, like mascara or glitter that they use around their eyes. Sorry but that's my impression of them.