GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage2 wheelhop -- opinions

Great input fella's. I'll put order in on friday and report back once I have it in my hands and installed.

For tires I'm running the standard 225/40 (hankook evo v12)- 18 with factory wheels.

Am considering and ready to purchase aftermarket wheels with ET45 offset and go 235/40 wheels, but unsure of fitment. offsett and wheel spacing is definitely new to me (newb)

Essentially, trying to get ready for k04. I've been on the fence so long for the upgrade.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
k04

hah, I know. I have funds in 'savings', its just me to part with my money and make the purchase. I keep telling the SO about turbo upgrade and I just get the 'are you serious' look, but she entertains the idea of me enjoying my ride.

Then, there is #GLIVALVESPRING issues. so its a gamble.

There is a killer deal for the CTS k04 at 1599, free shipping -- but i have this feeling of being selfish around the holidays

silverrevlis

Passed Driver's Ed
Keep in mind, you still need software, but that 1599 gets the ball rolling!!

clownish

just clowning around
I disagree with the common thought here. I'm k04 and have the hpa 75 puck. I get wheel hop like crazy. The puck alone is not enough.

Thinking about full mounts like VWR or 034. I run good summers and still happens all the time - Hankook R-S3s

Keep in mind, you still need software, but that 1599 gets the ball rolling!!

Indeed. I have stage 2, so minimal amount to get flashed to k04 file and then need g18 coolant

I'll keep my eyes on the 034 motor sports mounts as well

james9120

Go Kart Champion
hah, I know. I have funds in 'savings', its just me to part with my money and make the purchase. I keep telling the SO about turbo upgrade and I just get the 'are you serious' look, but she entertains the idea of me enjoying my ride.

Then, there is #GLIVALVESPRING issues. so its a gamble.

There is a killer deal for the CTS k04 at 1599, free shipping -- but i have this feeling of being selfish around the holidays

Its not a gamble, pull off your PCV and look at your valve springs.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
I got the VWR subframe mount and the 034 tranny and engine. Killed wheel hop and transmission hop (DSG). Honestly didn't increase NVH all that much given that I already had sways and Unibraces and DG springs installed. It's mostly a low rumble at idle/reverse.

motoo344

I was in a car recently that has everything minus an upgraded turbo, that car got some BFI mounts. There was definitely a bit of vibration but unless you are use to comfort cruises for your entire driving career you will get use to it. I had them in my R32 and they were great. I want to get some mounts for my GTI but then again I want a lot of things.

Thanks Fellas

I'll post an update when I get the HPA puck installed.

turbor850

Ready to race!
I am in the same boat as you OP. 2013 GLI with Stage 1.. but ordered the 88A Torque Durometer Polyurethane dogbone mount insert from ECS. Still have wheel hop... right off the line just as you, BUT the shifts are better in my DSG...

You are going to need more then that to get rid of the wheel hop...

Good luck.

clownish

just clowning around
I am in the same boat as you OP. 2013 GLI with Stage 1.. but ordered the 88A Torque Durometer Polyurethane dogbone mount insert from ECS. Still have wheel hop... right off the line just as you, BUT the shifts are better in my DSG...

You are going to need more then that to get rid of the wheel hop...

Good luck.

Stage 3 power literally disintegrates those ECS inserts. I'd stay away.

Plan is for HPA 75a puck insert and then the 034 motorsports engine mounts.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I have the HPA 85a puck and its been awesome. No wheel hop, minimal vibrations, way less slop between shifts, whole car feels tighter.

zrickety

The Fixer
HPA told me the stock dogbone is up to the job, it's the subframe mount that is the weak point. The red 75 made a big difference on my MT car, I haven't had any hop but I work on my launches at autox. Vibrations are not noticeable except just off idle depending on how good I am with the clutch.