GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage2 wheelhop -- opinions

Bumping an old thread of mine

Installed the HPA 75a puck today. I don't know what folks complain about... the NVH is not ALL that much as people make it seem to be. Although i have a 6MT. I could immediately tell something was different about the car -but not going to shake apart. Makes me feel more connected with the car.

Only real difference is coming down in RPM to a stop, similar feeling as if car is going to stall out. Otherwise A+.. Car is definitely more planted, although only stage 2 right now

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Give it a couple of weeks too. It will settle in and not vibe as much.

pngorba

Ready to race!
Bumping an old thread of mine

Installed the HPA 75a puck today. I don't know what folks complain about... the NVH is not ALL that much as people make it seem to be. Although i have a 6MT. I could immediately tell something was different about the car -but not going to shake apart. Makes me feel more connected with the car.

Only real difference is coming down in RPM to a stop, similar feeling as if car is going to stall out. Otherwise A+.. Car is definitely more planted, although only stage 2 right now

I have a 6MT too and this is almost enough to sell me. Where is the vibration noticed or seen? Steering wheel (hope not)? Shifter?

Also, has anyone heard of someone who installed the 75a, couldn't stand it, and spent the time & money to go back to OEM?

Just makes the entire car feel more 'rumbley'. Although I have full exhaust and such. You'll have a little peddle feel of the added vibration of rumble. However, its not really noticeable. Only time I know I have upgraded insert is when coming to a stop, rumble almost simulates if the car is going to stall.

Even shifting feels more solid.

I have a 6MT too and this is almost enough to sell me. Where is the vibration noticed or seen? Steering wheel (hope not)? Shifter?

Also, has anyone heard of someone who installed the 75a, couldn't stand it, and spent the time & money to go back to OEM?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Sweet. My 75A should be here today. Looking forward to installing it, sounds like many people really enjoy it.

sskamboj

Ready to race!
The VWR subframe mount is one of the first things I did. Highly recommend it. No wheel hop whatsoever in over a year.