GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
very clean ride man, i like!

Enkie RS05RR in 18x8.5/ET45 - Matte dark gunmetal (18lbs)

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Nice wheels, can't go wrong with a forged 5 spoke. Just a heads up 18x8 won't be that aggressive. That image looks like a 10"+ wheel.

zrickety

The Fixer
The only place i know to look for quality wheels in 5x112 is tire rack. Where are people finding all these lightweight options? I'm looking for a 18 with an 8 or 8.5 width with a high offset so i can run 235 tires square next year with a decent amount of lowering. Obviously not to heavy either.
What do you consider high offset and decent lowering? Running 235 square on my TSW Interlagos 18x8 45mm offset, DSG sitting fairly low on pro springs.

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i like to be right at 24ftg and tuck tire so it needs to be +48 at least. i'll be on coilovers so i can go lower than springs. if i was on springs than 245 would be no problem lol.

my friend is on some bbs that are 19x8 et50 and tucking 235 tires. i'm on o.z. wheels 18x8 et48 and tucking 225 with no rub @1.6* camber and some room to spare. I'm planning on getting camber plates for the front and running 2* all around next year but i'd like something lighter. i think these are 21lbs a corner.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Nice wheels, can't go wrong with a forged 5 spoke. Just a heads up 18x8 won't be that aggressive. That image looks like a 10"+ wheel.

true :( one of the reasons i don't really go for wheels with a lip. i was pissed when i saw our rpf1 fitment. everyone with the flat faces runs a 9" wheel in 5x114.3. the 8" wide ones look retarded. i wish we could just convert our hubs. so many more wheel options available.

bdeester

What do you consider high offset and decent lowering? Running 235 square on my TSW Interlagos 45mm offset, DSG sitting fairly low on pro springs.

Do you have any more pics of your wheels/tires? I'm running 225/40's on my interlagos, but I'm debating doing 235's next time

zrickety

The Fixer
I can get you any pics. I went from 225 pirelli to 235 continentals and such a big improvement. Better grip and the same mpg. Do it with no regrets.

Last edited:

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
What would be the best tire to run on Ultraleggeras (18x8)? I've had the stock pirellis on them and hit a small pothole and caused a small bend.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
dem dirty 245s

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie