GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jarred767

Ready to race!
I haven't had a single quality issue with any of my Alzor wheels at all. I just can't make myself purchase some more expensive, well known brands due to being in constant fear of curbs or scratches. My first two sets look mint, and I see no paint imperfections or fading/bubbling. For the money and used on a daily, I am more than satisfied.

Sweet! Thanks might have to look further into them. I have an awesome local powdercoat shop that I could use to customize them too if I wanted. Thanks so much!

goose1

Ready to race!
If anyone tells you that OEM lights are impossible to bake open, and that you have to cut the housings apart, let them know they are wrong. A couple of 15-20 minute bakes at 240F and a bit of elbow grease and you're in like sin

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Diluted

Ready to race!
Think I lost my tensioner. Dropped the kids off at daycare. came home, did some work around the house before work. Went to go move the car and nothing. It turns but won’t start. Scanned with VCDS, no codes.

Pulled the coils out, no fuel or anything in the cylinders.
Battery is out, traffic is too bad right now to bring it to get tested.

Need to check the fuses still. didn’t notice if the fuel pump was priming or not, I’ll have to put the battery back in to check.

Any other things I can check before sending it over to the dealer for analysis?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Haven't posted in a while and need to catch up, latest and photos posted on IG @becauseHYDE16

-Advanti Racing Storm S1 17"x9" ET45 Wheels & Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 245/40/17 Tires
-Corbeau RRB Seats
-GS Auto Solutions – Push Clutch to Start Bypass Harness
-Innovate Motorsports EBC-1 all in one gauge (sold off the AEM Digital Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge, AEM Water/Methanol Flow Gauge and Greddy Profec boost controller)
-Raceseng Circuit Series Shift Knob
-SuperPro Performance End Links
-SuperPro Roll Centre Adjusting Ball Joint
-Swift Rear 400lb Progressive Springs
-WhanAB Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle

Also removed (for sale):
-H3R Performance HG250B Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher with Rennline Quick Disconnect Fire Extinguisher Mount
-Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Links

Car was recently featured at Waterfest 23’s and in PASMAG Waterfest 23, July 2017

Renck

Ready to race!
Haven't posted in a while and need to catch up, latest and photos posted on IG @becauseHYDE16

-Advanti Racing Storm S1 17"x9" ET45 Wheels & Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 245/40/17 Tires
-Corbeau RRB Seats
-GS Auto Solutions – Push Clutch to Start Bypass Harness
-Innovate Motorsports EBC-1 all in one gauge (sold off the AEM Digital Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge, AEM Water/Methanol Flow Gauge and Greddy Profec boost controller)
-Raceseng Circuit Series Shift Knob
-SuperPro Performance End Links
-SuperPro Roll Centre Adjusting Ball Joint
-Swift Rear 400lb Progressive Springs
-WhanAB Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle

Also removed (for sale):
-H3R Performance HG250B Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher with Rennline Quick Disconnect Fire Extinguisher Mount
-Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Links

Car was recently featured at Waterfest 23’s and in PASMAG Waterfest 23, July 2017

Very impressive HYDE16 - I'll need to pay a visit to your thread. What else can one post after that? :drool:

Here is my best try: well, I just removed a bug from my windshield. :lol:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Put a new 30A fuse on F16. Check the googles to why my pass side lights kept going off while driving at night.

skotcoop

Ready to race!
I forgot to post this last Friday but I had my BFI stage 3 clutch(it was toast) replaced because it was slipping with anything over 5 lbs of boost after only 20k miles and got what I should have gotten from the beginning, a southbend stage 2 daily. Night and day difference I tell ya. I also got my racingline subframe mounts installed and the car feels amazing. I was really surprised it didn't add more NVH. It feels nearly the same as when I only had the lower 034 street density puck installed but the drivetrain feels more locked down and crisp.

Last edited:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
So I switched out the front portion of my I.E. intake with a Unitronic one as the I.E. has been causing issues with my GIAC stage 2 tune that's been confirmed by them through a lot of data logging. It would cause power loss and hesitation as the MAF saw too much air coming in at once. I figured this is a very isolated incident and only reason I switched back to Unitronic is because I never had issues with their intake before going to the I.E. one.

It's still adapting to the new intake so I hope it takes care of the problem, otherwise I don't know where to go from there if it's still happening. The car does drive much smoother now.

Symptoms really only exist in 3rd and 4th when attempting to go WOT. The car would cut in and out of boost and be very choppy accelerations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabrook132

Long day working on the car today. For a while now I've known that my car had picked up the common intake manifold problem, which brings up the fault code: P2015-Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal. I also had the check engine light come on recently in relation to this and so decided to press on with replacing the intake manifold as soon as possible. If you want any more info about this fault I highly recommend checking out this video: https://youtu.be/yvfVUkuPY0k. VW have brought out an updated version of the intake manifold which is part no. 06J-133-201-BH and hopefully addresses most of these issues, and this is the part that I fitted. I decided while I had the manifold off and seeing as my car has just passed 100,000 miles that it would benefit from a cleaning of the intake valves too.

So this is how we started. I have already removed the engine cover, airbag and oil filter for access. I followed this particular video as a guide: https://youtu.be/c7c35MJq5e0 and found it very useful.

Found some parts of the removal pretty tricky. There is a support bracket the connects the throttle body to the engine block which access to is terrible. Also removing the intake hose from the throttle body itself took me a while but some very careful prying with a few picks finally had it off:

Took me a couple of hours to get to this point but finally the manifold was off!

It's common to have a couple of injectors get stuck in the manifold and come out with it. I got lucky and had all four injectors come out!

On with the decarbon! It was definitely needed as you can see:

I found it difficult to photo the results but it's much better now! Hopefully you can tell from these awful pics:

Few bits need swapping from old to new manifold such as throttle body and fuel rail etc:

Injectors needed a little clean too:

When the injectors come out during this removal, the seals must be replaced. There's a special VW tool for this seal replacement but I used a Sealey equivalent. Luckily I was able to get 4 new seal kits before starting the job.

These vanes were pretty disgusting but came up pretty well after being cleaned:

Freshly cleaned injectors with new seals fitted back to the head:

Installation went pretty smoothly thankfully. Lots and lots of double checking that I'd connected everything back up later and she fired into life second time of asking (fuel system needed time to prime).

Was going to change the fuel filter today too but I didn't fancy any more time out in the rain than necessary ;)

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Long day working on the car today. For a while now I've known that my car had picked up the common intake manifold problem, which brings up the fault code: P2015-Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal. I also had the check engine light come on recently in relation to this and so decided to press on with replacing the intake manifold as soon as possible. If you want any more info about this fault I highly recommend checking out this video: https://youtu.be/yvfVUkuPY0k. VW have brought out an updated version of the intake manifold which is part no. 06J-133-201-BH and hopefully addresses most of these issues, and this is the part that I fitted. I decided while I had the manifold off and seeing as my car has just passed 100,000 miles that it would benefit from a cleaning of the intake valves too.

So this is how we started. I have already removed the engine cover, airbag and oil filter for access. I followed this particular video as a guide: https://youtu.be/c7c35MJq5e0 and found it very useful.

Found some parts of the removal pretty tricky. There is a support bracket the connects the throttle body to the engine block which access to is terrible. Also removing the intake hose from the throttle body itself took me a while but some very careful prying with a few picks finally had it off:

Took me a couple of hours to get to this point but finally the manifold was off!

It's common to have a couple of injectors get stuck in the manifold and come out with it. I got lucky and had all four injectors come out!

On with the decarbon! It was definitely needed as you can see:

I found it difficult to photo the results but it's much better now! Hopefully you can tell from these awful pics:

Few bits need swapping from old to new manifold such as throttle body and fuel rail etc:

Injectors needed a little clean too:

When the injectors come out during this removal, the seals must be replaced. There's a special VW tool for this seal replacement but I used a Sealey equivalent. Luckily I was able to get 4 new seal kits before starting the job.

These vanes were pretty disgusting but came up pretty well after being cleaned:

Freshly cleaned injectors with new seals fitted back to the head:

Installation went pretty smoothly thankfully. Lots and lots of double checking that I'd connected everything back up later and she fired into life second time of asking (fuel system needed time to prime).

Was going to change the fuel filter today too but I didn't fancy any more time out in the rain than necessary ;)

Great job man :thumbup:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
just hit 50k this morning. All of my maintenance has been done on time or early and the oil was changed not too long ago so I guess Ill just go give her a thorough cleaning. Maybe ill order new spark plugs this week

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
After a lot of searching I finally found the right car. Loaded up and on its way, one step closer to officially being part of the club! I can't wait for it to arrive!!

were you able to stay in your budget? what year and how many miles?

Spoonylove

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the Cobb SF intake, put some black caps in and installed a buddy's catch can design today. What do you guys think of my newish engine bay?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk