GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
A few good ones from the past week

Ran a tuned 335i from a 50-115 roll, immediately got the jump (brake boost) and put a solid 2.5 car lengths on him before shutting it down.

Ran a mazdaspeed3 from a 35 roll, immediately got the jump (brake boost again) and slowly pulled away until 85 before shutting it down, had about 1.5 car lengths. I had a passenger and my AC on, he was alone- would've put more distance on him had my AC been off.

Ran a scatpack challenger with long tube headers, intake + tune from a 50 roll (brake boost of course), I was at his rear bumper when we let off. For reference, I'm k04 with full bolt ons, WMI, and no lift shift.

/CSB

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
2010-era Charger SRT8 owner with an exhaust was eyeballing me at the gas station. We pulled out together, him in front. He waited for me to pull out before hammering it. 10 - ~80 he couldn't get an inch on me (91oct low output is better for dig racing). We both had one passenger.

425hp on 4160lbs dry sounds about right, especially considering the torque curves. I'd have needed the 93 high-output tune to take him much over 80 though.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Few days ago. I came upon a 2016(ish) WRX on the highway. We dropped it down to about 45-50 and punched it. We were neck and neck the entire time - before we shut it down, due to traffic.

My GTI - Completely stock. WRX mods - Unknown (if any).

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Few days ago. I came upon a 2016(ish) WRX on the highway. We dropped it down to about 45-50 and punched it. We were neck and neck the entire time - before we shut it down, due to traffic.

My GTI - Completely stock. WRX mods - Unknown (if any).

I see you're manual transmission, it must have been modded from my understanding. In my stock DSG I pulled 1-2 car lengths on my friends stock 15 WRX.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Couple of fun races to share today. The first is the most fun race I've ever had for the pure absurdity of it.

It'd been raining early that morning and the roads were still soaked. Furthermore I had a 1x3x96" whitewood stud in the car that stretched literally from the windshield, over the top of the dash, stick and center console through the back and out the hatch, meticulously bungee-chorded to limit any motion in any axis. See the image. I'm stopped at a light next to a 2nd-gen Chrysler 300C with flat-black wheels and a license plate that read "Shadow" or something like that. I caught this mid-30's to mid-40's aged guy and his wife in the passenger's seat checking out the car and/or the hauling arrangement which was clearly visible from the outside.

This stoplight is the last before the road merges from 2 to 1 lane for a much longer stretch so it's always a question whether the other guy is going to be trying to beat you to the merge or not. I didn't take off slowly or quickly, but I could tell the guy was pacing me exactly, bumper to bumper, so I steadily increased acceleration as I was comfortable considering the load. By 40 he and I were both full throttle. I could tell he was full throttle simply because I could hear V8 roars interrupted often by traction control. I, too, was simply a mix of spinning and traction control cutoff's until maybe 55, at which point he was at my passenger rear door and I, catching traction, took off ahead. By the time I let off the hatch was lifting due to the draft over the top of the car (maybe 70 or so) and the guy was slowing down to make a right off the road. He wasn't even trying to beat me to the merge! I was laughing hysterically the whole time though. Easily the most absurd, useless race in history. I got a taste for what my car smelled like at full throttle due to the open hatch. Not good - cats are there for a reason.

Second race was just a moment ago. C4 corvette, 30 to 90. No moisture on the road but the concrete surface gave me traction issues through 50. I started with my nose at his rear bumper and ended with his front bumper at my rear. First, I'm thinking he's definitely not stock. Second, I think I did pretty well considering I had 600lbs of human in my car and he was empty.

I'd seen this guy's C4 at work a lot and always wondered what was under the hood. It's just a yellow C4 targa with a couple black vinyl strips above the driver's front wheel on the fender. Tasteful IMO. I got a chance to talk with him afterwards - he's got a stroked LT1 cammed for fuel economy and low-end torque for autocross. 200hp over stock by his account. Sounded amazing. He says he's getting 30mpg, too! Those engines are a damned marvel.

zrickety

The Fixer
Cylinder deactivation works pretty well. Cool stories bro!

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Guy with a mk6 tdi/6 speed that I park next to for class called my car gay for having an automatic and thought his 6 speed was faster. Needless to say when I started my car (cold start after a few hours) he didn't want to run anymore. Gotta love the downpipe/resonator delete.

JettRink

Had an A7 riding my ass and then pulled up next to me at the next red light. We both punched it when the light turned green and were even for a bit - then I pulled about half a car before we had to start slowing down. Are they really that heavy?? I was expecting to lose that one.

My only mods worth mentioning are APR stage 1 tune and Pilot Super Sports.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Had an A7 riding my ass and then pulled up next to me at the next red light. We both punched it when the light turned green and were even for a bit - then I pulled about half a car before we had to start slowing down. Are they really that heavy?? I was expecting to lose that one.

My only mods worth mentioning are APR stage 1 tune and Pilot Super Sports.

The A7 has the 3.0T (supercharged v6) that's also in the B8+ S4 and all wheel drive, They usually dyno in around 300whp and 315 torque. If you where stage 2 with bolt ons then It's possible but IMO he may not have been pushing it all the way.

JettRink

The A7 has the 3.0T (supercharged v6) that's also in the B8+ S4 and all wheel drive, They usually dyno in around 300whp and 315 torque. If you where stage 2 with bolt ons then It's possible but IMO he may not have been pushing it all the way.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Or maybe the poor sap was in 'D' mode and it was just auto shifting super early every time.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

They put down 281 wheel WHP and 296 wheel torque at 4,224 pounds. He is around 3,200 pounds so depending on what tune he has could be around 243 WHP and 310 wheel torque. May be closer then You think.