GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stoptech pads and cryo-treated slotted rotors

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Depends on your habits and financial situation imo. Got money to blow sure. Just remember a cryo treated rotor is just a normal one thats been heat cycled.

Sent from phone Tapa

I don't mind spending the extra money if it's worth it, but I do mind if it's not :) Looks like most say it's not worth it, thanks guys.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Cryo rotors are frozen I thought? Not heat cycled.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Heat and cold bro.

For the metal I am not sure what liquid nitrogen temperature treatment will do. Now the raise to 300F I can understand.

Sent from phone Tapa

Last edited:

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
The brake wear sensor broke off the front pad and destroyed the harness. I just failed inspection because of it...

Simultaneously, I'm getting stoptech pads and rotors installed in the back. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
The brake wear sensor broke off the front pad and destroyed the harness. I just failed inspection because of it...

Simultaneously, I'm getting stoptech pads and rotors installed in the back. Lol.

Do you know how that happened? I love this setup with the brake stiffening kit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Do you know how that happened? I love this setup with the brake stiffening kit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't. Apparently it's pretty common on this car. Took 5 hours to fix and rewire because the harness is not a replaceable part and was wired directly into another huge wiring harness. Put a resistor on the end and as soon as I need to get new fronts, we'll be good to go to hook it back up.