GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
That's mostly true yes. I've had a catch can through all of the manifolds I've had. They probably help some but its basically all chance. Like a I said the longest one of the replacements has lasted was about a year or a little more which would put it right around the 10 k mark. Count your blessings lol

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Just looked on VAG com and i have a intermediate code P2015 will that be enough to get it replaced under the extended warranty i have no CEL

Im at 87k but they extended it to 100k right?

barische

Go Kart Champion
Got p2015 at 80k miles, Intake manifold warrantied n paid for manual cleaning

After cleaning

Before

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
^^^
Sorry but the "AFTER" pic looks like they didn't do much but wiped off the sludge......and yet, you still paid for it?

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol. Agreed, that is the worst 'cleaning' I've seen pictures of.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

People brush their teeth longer than that cleaning. Lazyass mofos, I swear. And yet, they consider themselves as certified mechanics.

barische

Go Kart Champion
^^^
Sorry but the "AFTER" pic looks like they didn't do much but wiped off the sludge......and yet, you still paid for it?

agreed, yes paid for it.. it looked better than before and didnt wanna make much of a fuss..was happy that IM was covered..

read my destroyed engine thread.. after that ordeal i was happy to have the car back in running condition after intake manifold was changed..

People brush their teeth longer than that cleaning. Lazyass mofos, I swear. And yet, they consider themselves as certified mechanics.

lol, they cant even do oil changes correctly soo i was happy that car was running..

here is the thread guys.. http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38362

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
gonna get rid of the car anyway after my wedding next week..

I don't blame you at all. I will eventually do the same for my car once it's paid off. Some people act like these cars are the best thing since sliced bread. :lol:

zrickety

The Fixer
I would say they are best in class, despite all the water pump stories. I'm the opposite of you, once the car is paid off I try to hold onto it. Not in a hurry to get the 7 or anything else for awhile.
Barische, I saw your thead...definitely lucky to have a good engine after all that.

barische

Go Kart Champion
I would say they are best in class, despite all the water pump stories. I'm the opposite of you, once the car is paid off I try to hold onto it. Not in a hurry to get the 7 or anything else for awhile.
Barische, I saw your thead...definitely lucky to have a good engine after all that.

Thanks, it was hell... Car is paid off, not in much a hurry but want to get 4 door as i got more free time from my work schedule n want to maybe drive for uber to make some money

DanteMegatron

Passed Driver's Ed
So got the P2015 code on my GTI that I just purchased a few weeks ago. The car has 95K miles on it. I was happy to hear about the extended warranty on the intake manifold so I brought it to the dealer today. It has an APR stage 1 tune but luckily they didn't say anything about it (TD1 code) and are covering the replacement under warranty. They also offered to do the carbon cleaning for $245 bucks which I thought was a good deal. Very happy with this dealer. Quirk VW in Manchester NH BTW.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
^^^

You guys have obviously never cleaned your valves.
You dont need to get them polished sparkly clean, just remove the major deposits and you are good to go.

The valves look legit after the cleaning, looks like 95% of the crap was removed.