GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation @ 5 and 6 gear unitronic chipped stage 1+

GTIosit

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some input on this problem i have. So, when I shift from 1 to 4 gear I have no problems with it acceleration, it pulls very smoothly yet aggressively. But after shifting to fifth and sixth and give it a little throttle, my RPM slightly drops at 3400 RPM back down to 3000-2900 RPM. Like the engine feels like it wants to give me power but it hesistates and decides not to. If I slowly ease in the throttle after the hestitation, it slowly accelerates up with no hesitation after that. The parts I have installed are Stage 1 carbonio intake, billy boat TBE and stage 1+ unitronic. Does it have to do with the program itself or is it a bigger problem?

GTIosit

Passed Driver's Ed
I just recently installed my billy boat tbe exhaust but the hesitation has been happening before that.... please help

JhnR

Banned
try contacting Unitronic, im sure they'll be able to help more

Storch

Go Kart Champion
Its your cabonio, Call John at UNI he can help you out of you want to keep it.

Mods please lock thread before it goes south.

:word:

speed

Ready to race!
Welcome to my world! Sorry its happened to you too but misery loves company so PM me if you want to start a support group :lol:

is it a regular thing amongst stage 1 Unitronic tuned cars? this made me think twice bout getting it..

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
is it a regular thing amongst stage 1 Unitronic tuned cars? this made me think twice bout getting it..

I don't think too many R's have this tune so it's hard to say, but there are two in this thread. Unitronic worked with their dealer that flashed me to fix things. This process involved putting some miles on my car. It all started when I had issues with a CTS intake installed. It was a big headache. I'm deciding whether or not to keep the tune even though it will be a significant cost to switch.

I also know that for the GTI, my girl has Uni stage 2, there were issues with her Forge intake. The person at Uni I spoke with told me that there were reported issues with closed element intakes. We ended up getting her an open intake and she's happy now.