GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jack stand locations?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Anybody know where is a good spot for jack stands front and rear? The manual says the same location as the jacking points, so I am guessing just inward towards the center of the car from where the jack rests on that lip... Or is there a better spot front/rear?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
only option is like this in the front.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Ohhhhhh.... ok thanks! I was looking at those points but didn't know if they could bear all that load. You happen to have a better picture of the rear? I can't tell where exactly you have the stands positioned.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Ohhhhhh.... ok thanks! I was looking at those points but didn't know if they could bear all that load. You happen to have a better picture of the rear? I can't tell where exactly you have the stands positioned.

rears are placed at the jack points

mikochu

boogerface
I have to jack up the car on the corner of the rear jack points in order to get the jackstands on the jack point. Otherwise, there isn't enough space. Anyone else have this issue?

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Crap, plac was showing me where the rear jacks go, but I can't remember. Maybe it was just the jack points. I was going to post a pic of the front, but the pic up top shows it nicely.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
There's a rail behind the front wheels just inside of the rockers. I'd take a pic but I'm not at my car right now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hell, I can't even figures out where to put the floor jack to lift the car before putting jack stands under the front!

The jack goes under the pinch rail on the front....there is a little tiny indented arrow on the lower molding that identifies where to put it

Then do this...jack up the front:

Put jack stand under control arm mount:

Put jack stand under pinch weld in the rear (under the arrow)

Jack up & do the other side the same way:

Complete!

micah360

Ready to race!
mine are bent up a bit too... it doesn't really matter. You could buy a hockey puck and cut a notch out of it for the rib to fit in, or buy that yellow plastic jack insert that someone posted a link to above.

When I jacked the front up right there, I bent the piece coming down for the widow maker.