GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polar FIS+ Advanced Product Install and Information

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
What do I enter where it asks for VAT/Passport ID? Never been asked for either of those before....

I just used my drivers license # there. Unsure if it even matters really. Email them. They're quick to reply. Shipping is even quicker. 2 days from overseas!

bmc333

Ready to race!
I just used my drivers license # there. Unsure if it even matters really. Email them. They're quick to reply. Shipping is even quicker. 2 days from overseas!

Sounds good - done.

I put on my Paypal notes golfmk6 plac's review 10% discount so hopefully they'll give me the 10% discount...
Can't wait to get this thing! I'll check out the install video now - sounds like its pretty easy?

Last edited:

bmc333

Ready to race!
Wow - they've already emailed me about shipping out today AND have applied the 10% discount. I could have this thing before the week is over -

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
when i set up this deal, Polar talked to me about additional compensation if sales increased for USA. Naturally, as soon as i uninstalled my own, i never heard from them again. Figured that would happen..

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Still loving my FIS+ unit - especially every time I put the car in reverse and get to watch the mirror tilt down. Really helps with keeping the wheels curb mark free.

Just saw that they released a new update. TDI owners will like this one, but the rain and light sensitivity sensor adjustments look interesting too.

***** Improvements / Update description for WHITE and COLOR cluster *****

[+] Added new parameter, AD-BLUE amount used (in grams)
[+] Added functions diagnosis: Changing sensitivity light sensor, rain sensor sensitivity modification, snap rain

Moonrzn

Has anyone run this side-by-side with Torque or VCDS? The numbers should read the same, but I'd love to see boost readings off the pipe side by side with multiple readings off the bus.

finallyamused

Ready to race!
So, anyone with this with the newest firmware, v.40? How is everything working for you?

JT641

Banned
That is an available parameter to display but US cars don't have the sensors needed for it to work.

Bummer I was considering getting this instead of a dual pod gauge set up with boost & oil pressure. So it looks like I'll be doing actual gauges after all.

b4ceen

Ready to race!
Just ordered mine today!

Excited to see how this works

nik

Go Kart Champion
Done complaining in the short remote range thread as I found the root cause.

Apparently when I have my FIS hooked up the range on my car remotes drops to 5 feet. Anyone else see this before when they put theirs in? I'm going to try mount mine in a different location. See what happens but wanted to see. Couldn't find and half the time understand some of the threads on the polar forum relating to this issue.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk