GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL OHIO MKVI CLUB

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Having raced at both Mid-Ohio & Nelson I'd say Nelson is more intimidating. It is a faster track & consequences of a big shunt are worse IMHO. I think it takes more skill to go fast at Mid-Ohio, but takes bigger nuts to do it at Nelson. Flat out through the kink in the rain, major pucker factor.

I hope Nelson can survive. Fingers crossed.

Doing a school, be it BMWCCA or someones else's pays big dividends. You will become a better driver & enjoy your GTI more.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
North Canton here, south of Akron.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
This is local for you, sonic in Brunswick off 303 has gtg's on sunday's at 7:00pm.

newb question... what does gtg stand for? :laugh:

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!

zalani

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, recently bought a GTI.

I live the westside of Cleveland/North Olmsted. My 9-5 is on the eastside though, so i'll be the black 2dr with "Zalani" plates sitting in traffic on 480 everyday...

Quick question, I'm looking for a place to get some tints put on. Anyone know or have experience with a good place on the west side, or in the greater CLE area? Danke.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
Hey guys, recently bought a GTI.

I live the westside of Cleveland/North Olmsted. My 9-5 is on the eastside though, so i'll be the black 2dr with "Zalani" plates sitting in traffic on 480 everyday...

Quick question, I'm looking for a place to get some tints put on. Anyone know or have experience with a good place on the west side, or in the greater CLE area? Danke.

Congrats on the new car! I'm also on the west side. I live in Lakewood and work downtown (a lot less traffic). See you around. Come out to some meets and stuff.

I've gotten my windows tinted from Max. Here is a screenshot of his Instagram. He does good work and cheaper (as in price) than other places I got quoted at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zalani

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on the new car! I'm also on the west side. I live in Lakewood and work downtown (a lot less traffic). See you around. Come out to some meets and stuff.

I've gotten my windows tinted from Max. Here is a screenshot of his Instagram. He does good work and cheaper (as in price) than other places I got quoted at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have 20% all around right? Have you had the cops give you any trouble? I've seen a lot of really dark tints around though from what i've found legal limit is 70% on the front, which leads me to believe they don't care too much.

CLEsonny

Ready to race!
You have 20% all around right? Have you had the cops give you any trouble? I've seen a lot of really dark tints around though from what i've found legal limit is 70% on the front, which leads me to believe they don't care too much.

The law (from what I remember) is 50% in the front and as dark as you want in the rear. Nothing on the front windshield. I have 20% all around.

It all depends on where you go in Cleveland. I usually drive in rush hour traffic, so there aren't a lot of cops just sitting around looking to pull someone over for no front plate and tint (I don't think so).

I mainly stay on the west side of Cleveland. Rocky River is pretty bad with pulling people over, but don't really bother me. I am there on a daily basis to workout. I live in Lakewood and they also don't bother me, but I've heard stories about them bothering people. I live 2 blocks away from the police station too. I always wave to them too if I pull up next to them. If the weather permits, I'll roll my front windows down while driving or when I see a cop. Or I'll drive with my moon roof open.

I had 20% in my previous Accord, but I had tan interior and lived mostly in Toledo at the time. Cops out there had bigger problems haha.

A few cities are dicks about window tint (Parma, Linndale). Just drive smart and blend in.

Hope this helps!

edit: to answer your question - no, I have not been bothered about my window tint.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
My rear is tinted pretty heavily. Hard to say what percentage. I just got the car, hope I don't get pulled over. North Canton cops are always looking for a reason to pull people over.