GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger side rattling noise?

taylor21

Ready to race!
Anyone have a rattling noise on the passenger side of yor car?

I've noticed it a few times and it's getting annoying.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Mick431

Ready to race!
i have had rattling in the air vent on the passenger side! howevr it is rare and never last too long!

cbope

I have a noise in my driver's door. It's not really a rattle, and I think it's the window mechanism. If I roll down the window a bit and then back up it usually goes away. After a day or so it returns.

taylor21

Ready to race!
I have a noise in my driver's door. It's not really a rattle, and I think it's the window mechanism. If I roll down the window a bit and then back up it usually goes away. After a day or so it returns.

was it kinda squeaky?

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Rattle.

I thought I had exhaust rattle on my 2010. Whenever I hit between 2k-3k RPM's with load acceleration it sounded like fine metal rattling. Evidently it is the turbo! (I actually took it back to the dealer to check it out... the service guy then preceded to tell me that these turbo's sound like that and that it's totally normal). Needless to say I felt stupid... but it is my 1st turbo vehicle. My buddy had a 1.8T and it sounded nothing like this(sounded more so like a loud HISS)!!! I must say I'm kinda disappointed! So... hope this helps if that rattle may ACTUALLY be coming from outside. goodluck.

waffleman

Ready to race!
1600 miles now.

Past week, I've noticed a slight vibration noise which seems to come from the right passenger door area, but possibly from the front right dashboard.

I vibration noise seems to occur at lower RPM's - in the 1200 range perhaps. It does not happen all the time, and I think may only occur when the car is really cold.

Hard to figure out what the noise is exactly - will have to get the wife to sit in the passenger seat when the noise happens.

Alex.

Ready to race!
The weird thing is, I hear it on the passenger side, but a passenger will hear it coming from the driver's side.

For me, it goes away for a day, and will come back the next. I am starting to feel it is when the car is really cold, like waffleman said above.

itgvw

Passed Driver's Ed

I've noticed it a few times and it's getting annoying.

Anyone know how to fix it?

I think I have the same noise as you, except mine seems to come from the rear passenger side. Some have said its the fuel tank missing some shims, but i am not sure. It only happens during cold starts and early on but later it goes away.

woofie2

Ready to race!
Check the fender liner, my 2003 had loose fender liners and they rattled at highway speed, put some new screws in them and the rattle went away.

mine sounded like it was coming from the A pillar, when it went away driving with the wind I found the source. (according to the dealer, when the car was built they left out half of the fender liner screws, and they charged me $40 for the screws.)

I have bad passenger side rattles. It's driving me bonkers. Some it sounds like its from the dashboard and some of it sounds like its the whole door rattling like its loose. Good Stuff.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
rattles and squeaks can come and go and project so that you have no idea where it is coming from.
One of mine is from the passenger seat belt latch.
Just shake it a bit and it dissapears until the inards settle in a certain position and then it goes away.
It can go weeks not doing anything.
I

mdashali

Ready to race!
I have a 4-door and I have (clunky) rattle on the driver side. It is something to do with the striker plate and door locking mechanism. I have read that adjusting the striker plate stops the rattle as well as air leak (in 2D).

I tried adjusting the striker plate all the way inwards and it stopped the rattle but then the door is no more flush. I am also starting to hear slight rattle on the passenger side too. Going to dealer this weekend for 90 day check. Let see if they can tweak the striker plate to stop the sound.