GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

Geofux

Ready to race!
You must be new to the brake world.
ECS wanted $2500 for the complete front set. $800 is still the basement bargain price. I was underestimating but $800, most time, will get you just the Cayenne calipers.

I'm not sure if it would cost less but what about VW Touareg calipers? They should have a crossover and are exactly same.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
wow 800 for a bbk thats nice!

xola3que

euroturd
I'm not sure if it would cost less but what about VW Touareg calipers? They should have a crossover and are exactly same.

Tourage, Q7, Cayenne. They are all the same thing. Just two things:

if you want to go 350mm rotors. You need 18Z (L/R) calipers
if you go 330mm rotors, then 17Z (L/R).

Those is what stamped on the calipers. And also as the name inplied, 18Z will only fit 18" rims and above. 17Z 17" rims min.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Just want to let you guys know that if any of you like to upgrade you stock brake into Cayenne Brembo 6 pots front and 4 pots rear calipers w/ brembo performance rotors, hit me up, I can help. This is by far not cheap by any standard but it's a fraction of the cost if you were to buy this complete from a vendor. If you are on a budget, better look into R32 system, which is basically a GTI brake w/ bigger piston and it will be very annoyed...I went thru that route and I know.

Front brake will mount w/o adapters, includes:
1. 6 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. 350mm brembo rotors. Optional light weight, two pieces rotors (17.2 lbs vs 25.7 lbs)
3. Stainless steel braided brake lines
Cost to put together a complete kit yourself. Less than $1000

Dual rear calipers brakes set-up fit w/ adapters. Parking brakes function by an extra parking caliper.
1. 4 pots Porsche Cayenne progressive calipers
2. Brembo parking/e-brake calipers.
3. 330mm brembo rotors. Optional 335mm light weight, two pieces rotors (12.5 lbs vs 19.55 lbs)
4. Stainless steel braided brake lines.
5. CAD/CAM designed, corrosive resistance T6160 aluminum brackets, CNC cut w/ high tolerance.
Cost to put this together yourself: $1200 depending on the cost and availability of used brembo parking/e-brake calipers. New brembo e-brake/parking calipers starting at $990/pair. Basic (non-brembo) parking caliper $300/pair

Note: dual rear calipers set up are usually found on high end, high performance cars, track racing and rally cars. It does not use shoes/drum brake which has large unsprung weight on the rotors. If you're unfamiliar w/ dual caliper rear set up, check out Dodge Vipers, Jaguar S type R. Those system are less common due to the high cost of manufacturing, but it's the best system that money can buy.
Cayenne calipers are progressives, meaning they have two rows of calipers on each side going from smaller pistons to bigger. This will prevent the jerking on/off locking mode of a regular calipers. Cayenne calipers feel like a forgiving ride, but give you all the control when you need it.

This is what it looks like on my car.

Actual rear brackets for MKV/MKVI.

You're right in Morristown? I'm going to have to come take a look at your setup and figure out what I eventually want to do on my MK6. This brake upgrade looks pretty damn nice!

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
yeah come by and take it for a spin. You will love it.

I might take you up on that offer... or maybe you want to come by for some of the future meets I am trying to set up at the new Green Brook Sonic that should be opening some time this week.

jaygti1

Ready to race!
@xola3que, who's selling the kit? I didn't see a link in your original post. Is this a "deal" or going to be a standard offering?

Should be getting my car _this week_ :p

xola3que

euroturd
@xola3que, who's selling the kit? I didn't see a link in your original post. Is this a "deal" or going to be a standard offering?

Should be getting my car _this week_ :p
I can see why this is confusing.
If you prefer to buy the front from ECS, here is the link
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Braking/ECS_Stage_5/
But if you want to save money. You can buy the parts yourself and save thousands. I'm offering any helps and advices for those who needed, afterall, that's what this forum is about.
Don't even think about asking ECS to part out their kit, THEY WILL NOT. That's one of the reason why I wanted to do this in the first place.

The rear brake is a different story.
If you upgraded your front into 6 pots Cayenne w/ 350mm. Your car will have serious braking bias problem. The front will now do 90% of the braking while the rear just lugging along. This is dangerous, on or off track. Most people upgrade their rear into R32 312mm rotors but that still is inadequate pairing to the 6 pots front. So I designed the rear Cayenne brake myself. The first ever.

My day job, I'm a state licensed ME engineer specialized in heavy machinery/custom military equipments. I've been designing brake upgrades as a hobby since college days for our school competition track cars and numerous cars I owned. I have the design skills, access to machine shops, know where to get the quality parts cheap. So it's ridiculous for me to pay $5500 for a rear brake kit from Europe w/ a two months waiting list. When I first did this, I did it all alone w/ no helps but that what i do and I loved it. So yeah, this isn't exactly complete kit that you just buy, but if you shop all the parts yourself and get my bracket, you get yourself one hell of a brake system that turns every heads on the road.

I helped guys in Canada, UK, Norway, Turkey, Japan and Australia did this and they absolutely loved it. It's a one of a kind system and you will stand out.

Last edited:

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Haven't decided yet... If we do the Sonic meet, it isn't going to be easy to find a good time to go. These damn Sonic's get so crowded! I've been thinking that we should actually meet at the elementary school parking lot nearby and walk over to Sonic... It's a few hundred yards away.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I can tell you based on other Sonic's I have been to in NJ, it's probably going to be our only option. I can foresee a cop standing outside of the Sonic along Rt.22 directing traffic, not to mention they probably won't like the idea of us just standing around our cars talking in their parking lot. I don't plan to stay at Sonic, just grab something from the walk up menus and head back to the cars. The 2 parking lots next to the Sonic will probably be packed as well. We will see when it opens I guess.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Can we just go to Bridgewater Mall? Sonic is overrated anyway. Will be more trouble than it worth.

Sonic is overrated in other states besides NJ. Here they are few and far between so people think they are the best place ever. I've been to plenty Sonics in my life and have to say I really enjoy their food. As far as the mall goes, mall security can be pretty lame when it comes to stuff like this, especially while the mall is still open.

One of my best buddy just got rear-ended today. May be a total. He's in and out with the pain but what sucks is he's about ready to put the rear Cayenne on the car. Now looks like he will part out both the front and back to have the car return back to his insurance. If anyone interested on his Cayenne set up, let me know and I'll ask him.

Sorry to hear about your friend... I hate hearing about people getting rear-ended. It just goes to show how some people don't pay attention at all while driving. If he does part out the brake setup, front and rear, please let me know. I'd be interested in getting a hold of these for my MK6.