GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L fuel consumption

jmarch

Ready to race!
I'm getting around 600-630km on a 55l tank driving on 16 inch winter tires. In the summer on highway with all season 17 inch tires on my porto alloys I can get close to 700kms on a tank. I do drive my car hard, and that doesn't help. I usually get around 650kms per tank in the summer when I'm in the city or driving hard. I cruise on the highway at 120kms/hr.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
I usually see the instant fuel consumption read out around 40+/-mpg when I'm on the highway doing 60mph.

alchemis

i have a 2011 built GTI... running 18 detroits... i'm still running in at the moment, it has around 550KM on the odo. this is my 2nd tank of petrol of Ron97... yes i'm still running in... driving it like normal car... only once in awhile i did a harder acceleration but not full throttle.. the tank of full petrol will give me only 450km.... is there anything wrong ?

i used the MFD to read my consumption... the realtime ones... on acceleration from stop.. just a mild acceleration.. i get around 35 L/100km. and on my harder throttles i get 49.9 L/KM... i'm suspecting something is wrong with the fuel mapping... is sounded really rich to me... and the FC hurts... i'm not too sure after running in there is something changing inside the ECU.

WakeInTheCity

Ready to race!
my 2.5 gets exactly 25mpg... dont trust the little computer to tell you.. it always says like 30 something, but when i fill up i figure it out myself and it always comes out to 25

tzd

Ready to race!
I get 27 mpg calculating by hand at each fill-up (+/-1 depending on how hard I was driving it), running 87 octane. The MFI tells me 28.x.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion

pic is kinda small but i got 42.8 mpg on a 37 mile trip to school.
gotta be easy on the gas :thumbsup:

alchemis

II get only 20mpg on the 2.0 Turbo. Is that normal? Or I'm still running in the car and it supposed to be higher in fc?

JammingJay

Ready to race!
In moderate traffic, I was getting 28-29 mpg on the 2.5 Golf OEM 15" steelies & tires. Ever since I plus sized the wheels and tires to 17"s, I've dropped down to 25 mpg.

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
I can hardly believe 2.5 people and GTI people getting higher than 32mpgs...
I have a TDI and I average 33-34mpgs per refill (after 10-12 gallons of consumption).

I can picture flat lands and cruising on top gear while hyper milling behind a big rig...
but thats for a different crowd ((prius owners)) :word: