GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the fastest you have had your MKVI GTI up to and how did it go?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Only 97 because I was till around 9xx miles, so didn't want to break the 100 barrier.

msm00b

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I am curious if anybody has hit 130 or better ,what is the fastest you have had your MKVI GTI up to and how did it handle it?

I've only done it once. It was less fun than I thought it would be.

~147 Stage 1 (no speed limiter), stock tires.

I wasn't redline yet ... probably could have squeezed a few more mph out of it ... but my stock all seasons aren't really certified safe at those speeds. The car handled well. Acceleration started to drop off pretty dramatically btw 120-125.

Closed course. Speeding to that level on public roads should (imo) be punishable by immediate and permanent seizure of your drivers license.

BentValve

Ready to race!
All of a sudden everyone on golfmk6.com is a NASA european aerospace physics molecular german biomechanical marine engineer. I swear ive never been on a forum where ppl throw this kind of bullshit around constantly.

I've certainly got my NASA european aerospace physics molecular german biomechanical marine engineering degree. I thought everyone here had one.:p

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Anything over 100mph here your car gets crushed. I should be on the Autobahn withing the next month or so

Skywarp23

Ready to race!
130 on the Autobahn right before shipping mine here to the states. :0) It was awesome!!!

marcopolo

Passed Driver's Ed
Somewhere around 200km/h. Felt very stable but I probably should have closed the sunroof and the front windows(rears were already up).

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
No idea. I know my V1 really didnt picked it up. When I saw the cop he was at least a mile behind me. I pulled over and waited for him. This action save me form going to jail.

I'm guessing he was lit up and in pursuit, right? If you were able to spot him w/o lights, then you have the eyes of an eagle. Hope the atty. is able to make some magic for you.

mk62011

Ready to race!
Fastest around 160ish ~ I assume around 95-100mph~ I want to go fastest but going to let the car break in first since it only have 200km on it lol. The thing is i didn't even know i was at 160 until my gf told me you are sort of over limit.... Limit is 100km/h
Love my gti! And how it fart when it shift !

mk6GTIvenom

Ready to race!
A legal 120 MPH at Lime Rock Park. Anyone can speed on the interstate. Get your car on the straight at 120 and then go into a 180 degree turn. That's driving. Want more info. on tracking your street car contact me.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
A legal 120 MPH at Lime Rock Park. Anyone can speed on the interstate. Get your car on the straight at 120 and then go into a 180 degree turn. That's driving. Want more info. on tracking your street car contact me.

x2. This is the safe and proper way to see the top performance of your car.

I managed to hit 180km/h on the front straight of the River's Edge Road Course (Mission Raceway, BC) and I could've broken 210km/h easy if I had a clear run in front of me (and wasn't in the novice group with no passing allowed, haha).

Course *is* a little short, though... now I want to try a longer course like PIR in Portland.