GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kickin' off 2011 w/ some new goodies

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Hello Everyone...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Again! Yup i'm still on leave until the 15th Jan 2011 and am dreading the count down to be back at office. :lol:

Today has been another fruitful and productive day with the fitting of my new goodies into GABY. On today's menu I fitted the follwoing items:
  1. THS Performance Intercooler - OEM Replacement:

It was a tough toss in the decision making phase between the APR IC, Oettinger IC and THS Performance IC. But having compared this IC's specs with my mate's APR IC i honestly felt this was the best bang for buck as it had a marginally bigger core than the APR's IC. This system came with an extremely comprehensive manual which was a plus for noobs like me. :happyanim: I'd definitely recommend this IC to anyone based on my experience and opinion but then again its just my point of view so no offense to any APR IC owner cos they're undisputed quality.

http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/product/2.0_TFSI_Intercooler_THSINT-TFSI
  2. Helix OEM Amp upgrade for my RNS-510: This bad boy bring the stock sound system to life and was easy to install... The best bit about this Helix PP20-DSP is that its compact, fitted nicely under my drivers seat and was purely Plug & Play. Definitely exceeded my expectations saved me from wasting my dosh on a sub. :thumbup:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.ph...-pp20-dsp-bonkers-new-concept-will-be-hu-r879
  3. VMR V710 - 19" x 8.5":
    Waited 9 days for the new set of shoes for my Golf R from US. Beautiful and primo quality wheels at an extremely affordable price. I slapped on a set of Pirellie P-zero Dragons (235/35/19) at a discounted price from my bro-in-law.

http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_v710.html

What a packed and rewarding day but having gotten the super EVIL look from my MRS I think its time for me to ease off my splurge on Gabrielle. :lol: If it were up to me to say its no diff to chic's splurging on bags, shoes, cosmetics and spa. :laugh: Hope this never leaks out to the MRS so Formula14 pls keep your gob shut. :lol:

Have a good week guys and feel free to ask away...

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,089
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,076
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 2,094
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,065
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,635
  • IMG_0935.jpg
    IMG_0935.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2,440
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 584

stephen8512

Ready to race!
wow you have been busy! looks great!!

and gabrielle? with your car the way it looks i'd have called her "ebony" :D

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
wow you have been busy! looks great!!

and gabrielle? with your car the way it looks i'd have called her "ebony" :D

:lol: too late to rename her bro... yup I have been a busy bee today and its now time for me to ignore Gaby and look after the MRS before she finds that I have my Revozports CF side skirts arrive tomorrow while she is out at work. :laugh:

like i said time to take the foot off the gas and really relax before i get blown to smithereens. :yikes:

looking great Mischievous M!!

cheers Fab... I'm diggin' your R especially with them yummy BBS wheels. Doesn't matter if they're replicas but they're hell sexy. How's your monster doing? Can I ask how the APR Fuel Pump is working out for you? I've been contemplating on getting the RS4 injectors to accommodate my APR HPFP that is arriving soon. What do you reckon? My bro is telling me is a waste of time and money cos he feels the stock are brilliant the way they are. Its a sign... i need to get back to work so i don't do stupid things with hard earned money. :lol:

I am heading back to Melb in late FEB to visit the parents and am wondering what the tuning scene is like there as its been awhile. Tracked the car at Phillip Island yet? Oh yea I'm lovin' the plug & play HELIX amp i fitted man...best AUD280 i've spent on a car audio upgrade. :lol:

Last edited:

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Sexy ass ride man!

Thanks bro... I wish the US would get the Golf R like tomorrow so I can peek into what cool developments you boys in the states would come up with. :thumbsup:

That your gti in the banner below? awesome color man! *salute

RaDi

Your car is GREAT!!!

you can post more photos (if possible on the street) to see the wheels?

P

plac

details on the amp dude, looks solid. is that a VW oem specific amp or do you have to order proper harness? is it spec to any USA GTI?

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
whoa cool, i didnt know you could upgrade the RNS510. good choice on the wheels. how much was the amp?

FLM

Ready to race!
cheers Fab... I'm diggin' your R especially with them yummy BBS wheels. Doesn't matter if they're replicas but they're hell sexy. How's your monster doing? Can I ask how the APR Fuel Pump is working out for you? I've been contemplating on getting the RS4 injectors to accommodate my APR HPFP that is arriving soon. What do you reckon? My bro is telling me is a waste of time and money cos he feels the stock are brilliant the way they are. Its a sign... i need to get back to work so i don't do stupid things with hard earned money. :lol:

I am heading back to Melb in late FEB to visit the parents and am wondering what the tuning scene is like there as its been awhile. Tracked the car at Phillip Island yet? Oh yea I'm lovin' the plug & play HELIX amp i fitted man...best AUD280 i've spent on a car audio upgrade. :lol:

Thanks mate, the wheels i love, and look good on the R, BUT, the rims you have just put look nuts, im totally impressed.:thumbsup:

Cant wait to see more pics of her.

The APR FP is one of the best things i have had done apart from the stage 1 tune.

It really gives that mid range punch that is not evident in the standard R. Standard midrange is fairly flat.
Not sure its needed to go aftermarket injectors though.

When you are in Melbourne, it would be good to catch up if you have the time.

Cheers.
Fab

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Thanks mate, the wheels i love, and look good on the R, BUT, the rims you have just put look nuts, im totally impressed.:thumbsup:

Cant wait to see more pics of her.

The APR FP is one of the best things i have had done apart from the stage 1 tune.

It really gives that mid range punch that is not evident in the standard R. Standard midrange is fairly flat.
Not sure its needed to go aftermarket injectors though.

When you are in Melbourne, it would be good to catch up if you have the time.

Cheers.
Fab

Aww man... now you've put me on the edge to wait out for the arrival of the APR HPFP that should be here next Monday 10th Jan 2011. :happyanim: My best mate is who is the APR tuner in Brunei is anxiously keen to upload the patch to accommodate my final performance upgrade for the time being. Yup definitely not gonna waste my time and $ on the RS4 injectors. btw, did you change your CAM filter after fitting APR HPFP? Based on several gti and audi owners i've spoken to they've shared the same recommendation and claims as you so bloody UPS better hurry their punk ass up with the delivery. :lol:

Definitely will drop you a PM once I confirm my trip home to see the parents. :)

Your car is GREAT!!! you can post more photos (if possible on the street) to see the wheels?

Radi, thanks for your kind words mate. My lil menace is at my shop getting her Smoked LaminaX stuck on and is going straight in for her wax. So i should be able to get some shots in if the weather holds up nicely.

I'm still really amazed at the quality finish of the VMRs and is offloading the overpriced Worke wheels that he bought. I may be sticking the other set of VMR V718s onto my mate's VW Mk5 gti today and he's really looking forward to it.

details on the amp dude, looks solid. is that a VW oem specific amp or do you have to order proper harness? is it spec to any USA GTI?

Hey amigo, yup the amp that i fitted is tight! i was very skeptical of its claims from our distributor in Brunei but to my amazement brought the stock speakers to life. Everything was pretty much plug and place apart from the tapping into of the power line of the OEM harness which was not a drama. :)

110% sure its compatible with all OEM sound systems cos i first discovered it in my mate's shop demo car of which was a VW Mk5 Gti and in my brother's VW Touareg and BMW X5. Highly recommend it mate... its like having SQ Bose headphones on enjoying every single detail off the deck.

I bought mine for BND400.00 @ USD310.00. Sold my old Apline gear with DLS SQ speakers with both DLS 2 ch amps and bass tube after the fitment of the lil Helix amp. :lol: made my money back from previous system :thumbup:

now i just have to be sensible and not splurge on anything else... ehem ehem Brakes! JK

Last edited:
P

plac

Hey amigo, yup the amp that i fitted is tight! i was very skeptical of its claims from our distributor in Brunei but to my amazement brought the stock speakers to life. Everything was pretty much plug and place apart from the tapping into of the power line of the OEM harness which was not a drama. :)

110% sure its compatible with all OEM sound systems cos i first discovered it in my mate's shop demo car of which was a VW Mk5 Gti and in my brother's VW Touareg and BMW X5. Highly recommend it mate... its like having SQ Bose headphones on enjoying every single detail off the deck.

I bought mine for BND400.00 @ USD310.00. Sold my old Apline gear with DLS SQ speakers with both DLS 2 ch amps and bass tube after the fitment of the lil Helix amp. :lol: made my money back from previous system :thumbup:

did you personally install it or did someone else? Do you have to tap in a piggyback harness to the back of your deck like the old Blaupunkt plug-n-play for these cars? Any more pics of the amp stuff. Can you just direct plag the Heliz subwoofer into that amp as an upgrade? If so, would your factory power tap still be sufficient or would you go direct to battery?