GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kickin' off 2011 w/ some new goodies

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Really not a fan of the tint you did on the tails. But it looks solid otherwise.

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
did you personally install it or did someone else? Do you have to tap in a piggyback harness to the back of your deck like the old Blaupunkt plug-n-play for these cars? Any more pics of the amp stuff. Can you just direct plag the Heliz subwoofer into that amp as an upgrade? If so, would your factory power tap still be sufficient or would you go direct to battery?

Hey buddy... yup i did indeed fit the amp on my own. It took an hour and half cos i needed to get the wires tucked in nicely and find the right cable. :lol: Piggy back harness indeed sure is plugged into the back of the RNS-510 and if your were to run a sub it would plug through the signal cable of the amp though you have have to run the power source off the ACC point tucked behind the dash. Sorry I am not much help on that part cos I'm extremely happy with the system as it is now :happyanim:

Will ask my mate at the store for you though sometime today.

Love the R!

Thanks mate... Will have some pics up later of my mate's mk5 gti running the VMR V718s along with my R running the VMR V710s and the Audi A3 running VMR VB3s

Really not a fan of the tint you did on the tails. But it looks solid otherwise.

Mate... I hate that tint on the back too and have pulled it off. :thumbsup: Am smoking all the light with the LAMINAX Smoked 17% later so its not too dark. Charcoal was getting me into too much trouble with the coppas. Thanks though for your valued opinion cos the car just looked out of place with the small tail lights tinted only.

Last edited:

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Tadaaaa!

i hate you
You're not the only one... my MRS and parents have already given me the look. :(

Very nice! Looks great!
Cheers buddy :)

Thanks mate, the wheels i love, and look good on the R, BUT, the rims you have just put look nuts, im totally impressed.:thumbsup:

Cant wait to see more pics of her.

The APR FP is one of the best things i have had done apart from the stage 1 tune.

It really gives that mid range punch that is not evident in the standard R. Standard midrange is fairly flat.
Not sure its needed to go aftermarket injectors though.

When you are in Melbourne, it would be good to catch up if you have the time.

Cheers.
Fab

Hey Bro... As requested I've taken some mediocre pics by my bro-in-law's Tyre shop after cleaning the car and fitting the LaminaX.

Your car is GREAT!!!

you can post more photos (if possible on the street) to see the wheels?

Hey guys,

I took some quick snaps of Gaby with her V710 this evening with two of my mate's running the VMR V718s (Mk5) & VMR VB3 (Audi A3). Will be doing a proper shoot with a proper photographer next week after we all get our cars waxed with ZYMOL Concours.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 1,989
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 2,357
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 2,509
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 1,786
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,787
  • IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 507

stephen8512

Ready to race!
hey mate
just a question re: those revoZsport front lip...that just sticks onto the bottom part of the OEM bumper yes?

and also, where did you get your CF valence from? is that revoZsport as well?

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
A W E S O M E :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks bro... Lovin' the VMRs mate... best bang for buck.

hey mate
just a question re: those revoZsport front lip...that just sticks onto the bottom part of the OEM bumper yes?

Hey mate... yup my entire car is pretty much REVOZPORT-ed out. CF Hood + CF Rear Diffuser + CF Front Grille + CF Front Lip + Normal Side Skirts (to be fitted next monday)... Only thing i am missing is the rear bumber but am not fussed cos its a lil OTT in my opinion and requires severe mods. Pic reference below from Revozport

If you want a hook up PM me and I'll give you the point of contact of which you need to reference me :) Loads cheaper than as advertised on site :)

Attachments

• P1150231.JPG
    P1150231.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 307
  • P1150226.JPG
    P1150226.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 223
  • P1150246.JPG
    P1150246.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 244
  • P1150249.JPG
    P1150249.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

shahabdin

Ready to race!
lookin good bro. Maybe ur front headlamps look a bit misplaced -should've been the black ones plus tint would've been great but the car looks as well just great :thumbsup:

P.S. I'm lovin that rear window decals layout :lol: nice one!

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
What do tou think, we can put on our R wider wheels on the rear?

Speedfreak, apologies for my late reply as i have been overseas. Ummm.. in my opinion since the car is 4wd i wouldn't go for a staggered look if thats what you are asking. Currently i am running 19 x 8.5 in F&R with 235/35/19 and there is no issue of rubbing cos i haven't lowered the car.

I doubt you will be able to go wider than 19 x 8.5 cos the wheel may stick out of the fenders but then again its just an opinion. :)

lookin good bro. Maybe ur front headlamps look a bit misplaced -should've been the black ones plus tint would've been great but the car looks as well just great :thumbsup:

P.S. I'm lovin that rear window decals layout :lol: nice one!

:lol: i figured since i've racked up more mileage than my ///M thats perhaps why i came up with the sticker though I'm using the wrong R logo. R @ 9mth w/ 18678kms vs ///M @ 3.2yrs @ 24000kms. Was thinking of tinting the front lamps but i dunno... perhaps i'll just fit the eye-lids and see how it is from there. :)

Haha... i got my arse hauled over today by cops for the blackout charcoal laminax on my tail lights so i am back to clear reds which look pretty still. :)

A W E S O M E :drool::drool::drool:

Cheers for your kind words matie... am sure you lot back in the states will go super sick with the Golf R when its released. Can't wait to see what you guys have on the boards for us on this forum.

Just fitted my APR HPFP and the car really shifts like a mofo especially after the remap.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 185

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
hey mate

Hello Hombre... Let me know when you're ready to take up the REVO kit for your Golf R. Will definitely look after you despite minor setback of re-prioritization dude. :)

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Hello Hombre... Let me know when you're ready to take up the REVO kit for your Golf R. Will definitely look after you despite minor setback of re-prioritization dude. :)

Hey mate. Thanks a lot and most definitely you will be getting a PM from me. Guaranteed! Thanks again for all your help and assistance mate. Appreciate it. I know it's not much but If theres anything I can do for you just name it :)

shahabdin

Ready to race!
:lol: i figured since i've racked up more mileage than my ///M thats perhaps why i came up with the sticker though I'm using the wrong R logo. R @ 9mth w/ 18678kms vs ///M @ 3.2yrs @ 24000kms. Was thinking of tinting the front lamps but i dunno... perhaps i'll just fit the eye-lids and see how it is from there. :)

Haha... i got my arse hauled over today by cops for the blackout charcoal laminax on my tail lights so i am back to clear reds which look pretty still. :)

Didn't get the one about the sticker??? Are you talking about the front R grille badge? It looks fine to me if that's what you that I was talking about. I was only talking about your front headlamps not matching the rest of the look of "darkness".

I've been trying to picture the eyelids on the bi-xenon head lamps but just think it will spoil the look because it will cover the upper part of the xenon's interior eye lids (what I like to call them ;) ) I've seen some really sleek slim ones on ebay that might do the job.

P.S. The R is supposed to have tinted rear tail lights, is it a law in Brunei hence your car was imported with the normal red rear lamps or did u increase the tint level too much?

AKs-R32

Ready to race!
Loving your car! Would love to see a dyno in the near future!! Hope you don't mind but how much is the carbon hood for the R? Also is there any weight saving characteristic or is it all show...either way it looks awesome!