GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Vs 2011 Mustang V6

Dickybird

sorry to break it to you guys, but the 2011 V6 Mustang is fast as hell. 0-60 in about 5.3 seconds.

More info here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...lap_2011_3a_ll1_class_page_2#Ford Mustang V-6

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/chevrolet-camaro-v-6-vs.-ford-mustang-v-6

Gotta stay up on things, gentlemen....

And yeah, I still would have held out for the V8 though!! :lol::dnftt:

Thank you for the positive responses.

Kudos to me for getting a $20,000, 305bhp car.

See you on the freeway, bitches!

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!

Sorry to say, most GTIs could walk you on a roll race.

gkallis

Ready to race!

what happens when theres a turn....awww too soon? lol

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
We should just act mature when Comments like that are made. If most GTI owners would give props where its due most people would prolly stop coming on here acting like they have something to Prove to us. You guys do put down alot of great performing cars due to fanboyism. Let the guy enjoy his car Yeah it may be a v6 but who cares. Is it your money? No.. Is it a great performing car for the price? Yes.. Who cares who would win in a race. At the OP The GTI and Your Mustang are Two TOTALLY different cars If you think your penis grows by making comments such as " SEE YOU ON THE HIGHWAYS" look down at your pants and tell me if you grew a inch or two? is the answer no? okay. Most Mustang Owners Would Probably tell you to stop making a fool out of yourself, At least the Respectable Ones. I don't go on the Mustang Forums and say HEY YOU GUYS STILL DRIVE POS FORDS, BITCHES! I respect all cars and I'm a huge fan of all performance cars. you seem like the Kind that looks for the Biggest Ego booster.. Not a true Motorsport Fan. Alot of people on this forum are like that IMO.

gkallis

Ready to race!
We should just act mature when Comments like that are made. If most GTI owners would give props where its due most people would prolly stop coming on here acting like they have something to Prove to us. You guys do put down alot of great performing cars due to fanboyism. Let the guy enjoy his car Yeah it may be a v6 but who cares. Is it your money? No.. Is it a great performing car for the price? Yes.. Who cares who would win in a race. At the OP The GTI and Your Mustang are Two TOTALLY different cars If you think your penis grows by making comments such as " SEE YOU ON THE HIGHWAYS" look down at your pants and tell me if you grew a inch or two? is the answer no? okay. Most Mustang Owners Would Probably tell you to stop making a fool out of yourself, At least the Respectable Ones. I don't go on the Mustang Forums and say HEY YOU GUYS STILL DRIVE POS FORDS, BITCHES! I respect all cars and I'm a huge fan of all performance cars. you seem like the Kind that looks for the Biggest Ego booster.. Not a true Motorsport Fan. Alot of people on this forum are like that IMO.

well said sir i just had to say wat i did ha just for lolzz

Jekyll991

Ready to race!

Logic and reasoning on my vs. board? It's more likely than you think!

Also lol at all the people saying the mustang won't turn well. I don't know about the V6, but the 5.0 handles well. It pulls the same skidpad G's as an M3. Not that those numbers mean anything if the car doesn't feel confident near the limit.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Logic and reasoning on my vs. board? It's more likely than you think!

Also lol at all the people saying the mustang won't turn well. I don't know about the V6, but the 5.0 handles well. It pulls the same skidpad G's as an M3. Not that those numbers mean anything if the car doesn't feel confident near the limit.

:thumbup: For those people I posted a Comparison of the M3 and the GT

Jever

Ready to race!
Wow. I would think the V6 would be @ 6.3...(not 5.3). Damn....what do the V8's run 0-60?

That is quick for the V6. But I need 4 doors, and a car I can drive year-round......so I couldn't drive a Mustang. Plus the V6's are gay (I don't care how fast they are).

They are a nice looking car though. But every time I see one, the first thing I do is look to see if it is the V6 or the GT (think about what I just said, OP).

I'll say it one more time. I don't care how fast it is. V6's Mustangs are for teenage girls and men/women over 60 yrs old.

I don't care how fast it is (just for good measure)

they are pretty good in the snow with winter tires.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup: For those people I posted a Comparison of the M3 and the GT

the new 5.0 is a completely different story from the v6...the 5.0 is definitely the best bang for your buck all around performance car on the market right now...affordable, affordable to mod, handles great for a car of it's size

the new v6 mustang is comparable to the previous style 4.6 gt...not all that really...it will take most gti's from a dig...from a roll anything more than stock wont lose (with the proper driver)...stage 1 is pretty close and stg 2 will walk

...stop hating on the new v6 mustang...its a pretty good car especially for the 20k spent on it

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
5.0 GT with Brembo Track package for like $32K - UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE VALUE. It's at M3 levels for half the cost.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Test drove the 5.0 and remembered that it still has a solid axle after going some rough pavement. It felt like I was back in my 1986 5.0 Stang.

Ronan1

Ready to race!
I always wanted a Stang, but I need something practical. So I have a 4-door GTI. I rented a 2010 GT (old 4,6 L) and while it was fun, the whole thing felt heavy and sluggish to respond to inputs. In short I was disappointed and would no way trade cars.

Fast in a straight line, yes. Fun to drive? Not so much. Great motor in the new V6, enjoy :)

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
I also looked at the new stang, but couldn't settle for the V-6. Its high as hell, interior is lack luster, and other things. Also, around my area theres this Guido riding around in a black one with the italian flag on it knowing he is the most bad ass person in The Universe.

fixed yo.

Ps. It's kind of funny, and irritating, how much people hate on here. Just because Volkswagen owns Bugatti, it doesn't mean you drive a Veryon, you turds. Stock for stock, I'm sure the Mustang is going to win.

Last edited: