GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ugly orange side marker

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I've been using the smoked markers from P4E on my CW since a few days after I bought it in 2011. They work well, and look a hell of a lot better than clear or amber. I'm on the fence on color matched markers. I'm not really sure I actually like them, and most of the people who paint them can't match to white very well.

GeorgeHill

Ready to race!

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Smoking them is cheap (<$10 for a can of Nite Shades) but I don't think it looks good unless you have black or CSG. It's also a pain that light still goes through. Color matched is the way to go. Either buy paint yourself for $20 plus S+H or pay someone around $50 to get some.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
i always thought smoked on cw looked like a hole in the bumper...

yup, I ran clear on my CW GTI and it looked good, only wish I had done colour match instead though.

JhnR

Banned
viva la bump

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Clear looks great on my CW. I've got chrome amber bulbs on the inside so you don't get the fried egg effect.

Calvintran

Ready to race!
whats the difference from the chrome bulbs and the regular stock bulb?

anyone know where I can buy color matched side marker? someone posted a link from ESE but it was like $120!!! WHAT!.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
whats the difference from the chrome bulbs and the regular stock bulb?

anyone know where I can buy color matched side marker? someone posted a link from ESE but it was like $120!!! WHAT!.

Chrome bulbs just have a chrome finish on the so they are not as visible if you run clear markers. They still light up amber. The stock bulbs are orange and visible with clear markers, hence the "fried egg" look.

If you want colormatched, you can do them yourself for about $35 or so.