GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI vs 03 Boxster

CanpakesGTI

Ready to race!
If a girl knew anything about car's, they'd laugh at guy with the 'moneybags' driving a base line boxster, that's for sure......buuuuut usually they don't know anything

gkallis

Ready to race!
If a girl knew anything about car's, they'd laugh at guy with the 'moneybags' driving a base line boxster, that's for sure......buuuuut usually they don't know anything

but they wont laugh at the guy driving a hatchback volkswagen? Boxsters even tho they call them "Poor mans Porsche" it still costs what 50 grand. show me a poor man driving one of them. The cars are meant for straight line either are ours. But the boxster will destroy in turns and personally i like the way they feel. Its a more aggressive/sporty feel. Porsche > GTI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
no pcar respect here, I guess....

I've seen guys in boxsters out handle dudes in 911's on the track. Boxsters are very capable, just like... a GTI.

gkallis

Ready to race!

I've seen guys in boxsters out handle dudes in 911's on the track. Boxsters are very capable, just like... a GTI.

Ha yea id love to see the GTi keep up with a 911. Its like a kid with no legs trying to run. just wont happen. go ahead tell me that you can get stage 3 and smoke on. doesn't matter a 911 is a 911 cant beat the sex appeal or the aerodynamics of it.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Porsches used to be my dream cars lol

gkallis

Ready to race!
Porsches used to be my dream cars lol

why past tense ha i still dream for em and maybe when i get out of college ill get one if moneys good.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
So what's an '03 gti goin for these days?? And what the hell does the kind of car a person drives have to do with what kind of person they are??

outs... .. .

you started on the whole what someone drives says something :iono:

you all are changing the topic this is about a 2003 porsche boxster non s with a crappy auto trans....this is not even a 987 which actually gained some real performance...the 986 wasn't even all that in the corners, for a Porsche....remember this is a car that is in the same price range as an s2k and miata...not a brand new 11 987 which is a whole new beast :thumbsup:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
why past tense ha i still dream for em and maybe when i get out of college ill get one if moneys good.

I don't know if I'll be able to own a 911 haha my new reality dream car is a BMW m3 or even a golf R lol

gkallis

Ready to race!
I don't know if I'll be able to own a 911 haha my new reality dream car is a BMW m3 or even a golf R lol

just have to work harder lol but ive i had to choose id take M3 over Golf r. M3 is just a beast lol although it doesnt have all wheel drive but when i get older i plan to have multiple cars. Sorry for getting off topic ha

retro6

Ready to race!
before i got a gti i drove a 97 boxster tiptronic, slow as fuuuuuh idk how you didnt walk this guys 03. they are fun to drive cars nonetheless. And its still at my grandpas house and i take it out time to time

McQueen77

Banned
Man, these Mk6 VS. threads never disappoint...:confused:

gkallis

Ready to race!
Man, these Mk6 VS. threads never disappoint...:confused:
Ive been disappointed from time to time lol

anything is possible, there was nothing said about the GTI potentially beating a 911.

^ Well he said Boxsters out handle 911's which if thats possible it means GTI's dont stand a chance.

Geofux

Ready to race!
I was side by side with a Cayman S through first and second.. his lane was dry, mine had gravel and was damp. I let him get ahead because my lane was ending but I'm sure it surprised him a bit.. :p I really want get side by side with one.

This last weekend I drove a Cayman S for a bit and they REALLY sing higher up in the RPM's where our cars usually start to lose power... so it would be interesting how they actually sit in a longer run.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Always like reading about the Boxster vs GTI threads that pop up...personally after learning about cars etc, I'd choose the GTI over a base boxster everytime.

The lowest priced porsche I'd go is Cayman, and after my GTI days, I would like to seriously consider this car.