GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Vancouver/BC Chat Thread

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Really depends on the mileage you have on the tires

Just check again today while I washed my car...its losing air pressure...
talk to kal tire, with side wall...the tire cant be repair...seems like I have to replace all 4 tires due to different mileages/wear out?

lol. no. you can get a new single tire. don't listen to the idiots who are trying to make money off you. Rubber is rubber man..

bcedhk

Passed Driver's Ed
ya just get a single tire.

How hard did you hit it? I rather spend the money to get an alignment again incase the impact was hard.

~slick~

Passed Driver's Ed
talk to kal tire, with side wall...the tire cant be repair...seems like I have to replace all 4 tires due to different mileages/wear out?

How many km and when did you purchase them? If it's under 2/32 or within one year bring the receipt to me and I'll get you a new one. Worst case I'll get you one for cheap. I stock them at my store

Depending on the millage you have on the current set of tires . Ideally, you should switch all 4 (try to sell your three on craigslist), but what you can also do is to replace a set of 2. Have the newer set in front and monitor your tires more often for rotation. You could also look online to see if you can find one your size and spec with similar thread, but it will be very tough..

rc0224

Ready to race!
the tires were put on at 41xxx and now its at 71xxx
so i guess that means I pretty much need to replace at least 2?

Poltergeist

Ready to race!

Being flagged doesn't mean they can refuse warranty work, they still have to 'prove' your hotrodding caused the fault.
:thumbsup:

basically what they said was
being flagged means automatic void of engine warranty. thus, no warranty work.
more likely i think they could do the work, but the HQ will come back at them saying the car's engine warranty is void.
but some VW dealers sells APR tune, so i'm not sure how warranty works on those.

also APR claims their stage 1 to 2 tune maintains OEM fuel pressure, but i think it won't be hard to relate tune to the fuel pressure error, because the ECU is the one that's asking for the fuel, and it's been opened, and remapped.

nevertheless it was just a faulty coilpack, and car is good again :D
for the gti guys, do pack some coils in ur trunk lol

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Good to know and glad it wasn't anything too severe.

oSniper

Ready to race!
hey guys, i finally got some LED tails :happyanim:

there was a problem with the inner left light that I need to get replaced so I put back on the stock tails but the outer left light is not working at all.

When I was swapping the tails I noticed that particular plug had been rusted. So is the problem because of the LED lights causing the bulb out error which prevents the stock ones from working properly or do you think its the connection?

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
Good to know and glad it wasn't anything too severe.

I get the feeling that we need to fight with the HQ, not the dealership, about the tune. hopefully none of us has to do that...

hey guys, i finally got some LED tails :happyanim:

there was a problem with the inner left light that I need to get replaced so I put back on the stock tails but the outer left light is not working at all.

When I was swapping the tails I noticed that particular plug had been rusted. So is the problem because of the LED lights causing the bulb out error which prevents the stock ones from working properly or do you think its the connection?

wooot!:w00t:
and whaaaat?? lol
im a stranger to those LEDs, did u get OEM or reps?
wait for the experts (cough emre cough)

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
guys I need some advice here.

when my car was down last friday, my CEL was flashing so I had to stop immediately. I called for a tow truck but I got two tickets for parking at the side of the road illegally. No stopping zone + facing wrong direction.

i know ticket is a ticket and i was indeed parked illegally. but can I use my reasons to dispute tickets? I had no choice but to stop there and I have proof of towing and proof of work from VW.

any suggestions/advice/experience?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I get the feeling that we need to fight with the HQ, not the dealership, about the tune. hopefully none of us has to do that...

Yeah, just found out that my car was flagged by another dealership for my suspension.

I'll have to call them back and find out why, as they didn't even inform me when they did that and apparently they're supposed to.

And yes, I think we'll have to take the fight to HQ, but I think if you're reasonable, then you might get some where, come off as an asshat and you'll get nothing, that's for sure.
:thumbsup:

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
guys I need some advice here.

when my car was down last friday, my CEL was flashing so I had to stop immediately. I called for a tow truck but I got two tickets for parking at the side of the road illegally. No stopping zone + facing wrong direction.

i know ticket is a ticket and i was indeed parked illegally. but can I use my reasons to dispute tickets? I had no choice but to stop there and I have proof of towing and proof of work from VW.

any suggestions/advice/experience?

Best chance would be fight it with your evidence, nothing to lose, that's for sure.

oSniper

Ready to race!

wooot!:w00t:
and whaaaat?? lol
im a stranger to those LEDs, did u get OEM or reps?
wait for the experts (cough emre cough)

ed's reps, not rich enough for OEMs lol
i'm pretty sure its because of the error. I tried putting on the LEDs again and it worked fine, unless the problem is with the connector pins of the stock lights

Anyone know a good shop they would recommend for a clutch job?