GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who would win?

FinalOne

Ready to race!
My friend is building his old Civic for track use. We are talking together into which of us would win in a race. I got a Stage 2 GTI with DSG
He's got really really really light Civic with the 2.0 Vtech engine with an intake and a custom fuel tank only. im sure he's got no other mods becouse im helping him build it.
so.. who would win a race, from a roll or from a dig?
i think he is going to put me down badly becouse it only weigh around 800-850 kilos.

some pics of his toy:

arichmond1003

Ready to race!
whats in it? b16? and it's not a single cam is it?
it does not matter though, from the looks of it its just a stripped hatch. I can say you will win with confidence. Now, tell him to drop a k20 or h22 in it, revamp the ecu, get some exhaust work, then i would be worried.

josuar88

Ready to race!
Depends how much HP that engine has I mean weight advantage can tip the scales quite a bit since less HP is needed to pull his car he only needs so much to over come your turbo 2liter.

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
LOL that's a k20, you won't stand a chance. Don't feel bad about it dude, those things are deceptively fast because they weigh next to nothing already, not to mention he's already got it stripped down. I don't know if he has any ECU tuning like a Hondata, but they can be tuned to easily put down 250whp without too many supporting mods.

03boostedGTi

Ready to race!
LOL that's a k20, you won't stand a chance. Don't feel bad about it dude, those things are deceptively fast because they weigh next to nothing already, not to mention he's already got it stripped down. I don't know if he has any ECU tuning like a Hondata, but they can be tuned to easily put down 250whp without too many supporting mods.

this^ i have a few buddies with a k20 setup. if im not mistaken. an N/A k20 stock and a gutted interior should run low 13s if not into the 12s

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Those little things are fast

A k20 eg that was gutted beat a k04 mk5 GTI, and the eg was just intake exhaust e84"5 and tune making 225 whp

darian

Ready to race!
I think it is a big possibility that the Honda would win, because of the weight difference, at least before 120 mph it would be in front.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
You should race him anyway, with your stereo and A/C blasting.

Yeah, he may win, but he's in a tin can with jack shit in it. Where's he gonna fit all the bitches?

More bitch-riding room = WIN!

:D

***No bitches were harmed while posting.***

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
he will spank you...but its ok, his car will still sound like a honda haha

you said he doesn't have any mods...it looks like thats got a bigger fuel rail, injectors and an in-line pump...if he isn't tuned yet it probably wouldn't run very well with that:iono:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
the civic would have a good chance due to the lightness. it would be a good race for sure. i remember back in the honda days my buddies had a first gen civic completly gutted to the bone and the only thing in the car was a steerting wheel and a seat. but that thing was fast as hell with just a simple motor. lightness ftw.

ImmI

Ready to race!
he will spank you...but its ok, his car will still sound like a honda haha

If not riced up, one of the best sounding 4 cylinder cars as well as the Subaru boxer in the WRX and STI IMO

trd420

Go Kart Champion
He will pull on you off the line and on a roll. he's got a eg civic thats a super light car stock and it has a gutted interior and a k20 swap your done ko4 should pull tho

FinalOne

Ready to race!
yea its K20 engine and i will get spanked hard, but who cares?
its just for fun and i will be driving it sometimes.
the bigger fuel rails and the injectors were put on this car for a test with another ECU, since his stock ECU got locked for some reason and couldnt work.

damn i cant wait driving it! lol