GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**6th Official OEM Golf R LED Tail GROUP BUY**

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Its been a few weeks now and I have to say this is one of my favorite mods of all time. I just stare at them, every day, wondering why in the hell VW didn't put these on in the US to start with. They are sooooo purty!

LoL me too man. Best. Mod. Ever.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
LoL me too man. Best. Mod. Ever.

+1.

Like I posted in the GB5 thread (where I got mine), I get Honda/Acura people on the highway rolling down their windows to ask me about the tails, and pictures taken while braking in stop-and-go on the highway.

To those who might say, "why spend on something you can't see/enjoy yourself?" the answer is that they look awesome while off too!

+1.

Like I posted in the GB5 thread (where I got mine), I get Honda/Acura people on the highway rolling down their windows to ask me about the tails, and pictures taken while braking in stop-and-go on the highway.

To those who might say, "why spend on something you can't see/enjoy yourself?" the answer is that they look awesome while off too!

Agreed. They look so intricate and expensive. Even my wife who could care less about my car modding hobby said flat out they look so much better on the car than the OEM did.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
+1.

You hit the nail here! I always admire tjem walking to my car.

Agreed. They look so intricate and expensive. Even my wife who could care less about my car modding hobby said flat out they look so much better on the car than the OEM did.

Well, that's because they ARE expensive lol. Mine did too but she was still pissed off that I spent so much so she left it as a big improvement lol.

150dpi

Ready to race!
Hi, so I just received my set of lights from GB7. I tried to install them during lunch time by following the VWvortex guide but ran into a problem. For the outer lights, I can't seem to be able to take it off. I unscrewed the white plastic screw and unattached the wiring. It just wouldn't budge. The top of the light wants to move, but the bottom is still attached to something.

Any one in group buy 6 install had the same issue?

I have a 2012 GTI 4 door.

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Hi, so I just received my set of lights from GB7. I tried to install them during lunch time by following the VWvortex guide but ran into a problem. For the outer lights, I can't seem to be able to take it off. I unscrewed the white plastic screw and unattached the wiring. It just wouldn't budge. The top of the light wants to move, but the bottom is still attached to something.

Any one in group buy 6 install had the same issue?

I have a 2012 GTI 4 door.

the white screw and the two clips (side and bottom) are the only thing holding the light in. try unplugging the harness, and then trying to push the light out by pushing where the harness connected. it'll come out.

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!
I undid the white screw all the way and unplugged the harness, then just gave it a tap from the back and it popped right out.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't force it. Completely remove the spring loaded White screw. I had trouble at first thinking it was loose enough but it wasn't.