GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody considering the GLI?

shredX

Ready to race!
I have not sat in one yet. (or any Jetta)
Seems like you get GTI fun but a more spacious interior and golf clubs will fit in the back without putting the back seats down. LOL

Big downer for me is that I'm already APR 1 tuned, and I had to drive from Albuquerque to Denver to get it done. (and prob would not be able to do that again)

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
The GLI would be nice if you haven't sat in a GTI... Seats and interior are not as nice, doesn't handle as well etc... If the GTI is a ten, I would rate the GLI at an 7 or 8. They are fine but I would never trade my GTI for one. Plus I love my hatch!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You have a 2012 and are already considering a GLI? I've sat in one and the GLI is much nicer than the lesser trims.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
sat in a GLI. it's nice..was considering it when I was shopping, but dealer didn't have any available, and would not get anything for a while. when I stopped by for 90 day service, they had one on the showroom, it was alright..didn't like the dash as much....

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I dont like the door cards on the GLI... they are hard plastic jetta spec... Plus you have to do the stability control button mod in able to turn off traction control.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
no thanks. the jetta is on it's way to being the new camry/corolla

True. And hopefully all of VW avoids this fate. I have a Jetta TDI MK6. The GLI is simply a little nicer trim, wish still does not say much. This GLI is such a poor effort by VW compared to the MK4 and MK5 GLIs.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I test drove one after I drove my GTI. It was fully loaded audobahn.

Nice car but far inferior to the GTI. Better exhaust note but that's it. Felt very cheap and you don't get ANY of the fun of the GTI.

oh and guess what... it's made in Mexico.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Neighbor's got a Mk5 GLI and I'd say that would be on par with trading from the mk5 GTI to it. The Mk6 though? Not much...it just feels totally different and not as refined as the Mk5 GLI does.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
I test drove one after I drove my GTI. It was fully loaded audobahn.

Nice car but far inferior to the GTI. Better exhaust note but that's it. Felt very cheap and you don't get ANY of the fun of the GTI.

oh and guess what... it's made in Mexico.

Pretty sure the GLI is German made while the rest of the Jetta line is Mexico.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure the GLI is German made while the rest of the Jetta line is Mexico.

2 dealers told me Mexico even for the GLI. Judging by build quality I would believe it.

Let's put it this way .. I spent about 2-3k extra and got less options to get the GTI. Both had 4 doors which satisfied the fiancee's requirementS. Everything else was my decision.

shredX

Ready to race!
Just test drove a base model. Meh...