• 6 months to more than a year from purchase

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • never! i'm really lucky! lololololol

Votes: 97 41.8%

• Total voters

red_dragon

Ready to race!
Never curbed any of my wheels on any of my cars....and I'm a chick! LOL

Not surprising though...if I question it at all, I either don't park there, will put my head out the window, or will tilt the mirror down to ensure I don't fuck up.

Nice...

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I have not curbed my wheels, but it's NOT luck. The spokes on my wheels sick out past the rubber, so it's an instant curb/ruin if I do hit something. So I pay very close attention and take a lot of care so as to not mess them up. I also know my car very well, so I don't need to use curbs to help me park.

FN-GM

In the UK allot of the roads are narrow, its easy to do. Allot of people try to park as close the curb as close as possible because of the roads being narrow so tend to do it more.

When i lived in Australia people didn't park so close and i guess your less likely to do it.

I dont do it often, but did it in a car park a few weeks ago. It wasnt my car though :)

zee

Go Kart Champion
I have not curbed mine and never will. Over 2.5 years and counting <knock on wood>

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Curbed my wheel after 9 months of ownership. I was trying to pull into an end parking spot with a curb on one side. I tried to pull as far over as possible to prevent getting a door ding from someone on the other side. Pulled over a few mm too far, curbed the shit out of my front right wheel, mostly on the spokes, not so much on the rim/lip. As soon as I heard it rub, I was fucked.. pulling back out just curbed it a second time. :thumbdown: :(

Luckily I found some touch up paint that matches pretty nicely, I don't really notice it anymore.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
It took me a month, and it was all thanks to a stupid lady in front of me that forgot to pay for parking and forced me to back up in a dark parking garage. Thought the tire had a lip to prevent this from happening. Have like a 4" curb rash on lip of rim. I was soooo pissed off that day. When u try to take care of something, is when shit like this happens.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Two days after I got it, total brain fart. Since then I'm super careful and am sure to always check my surroundings.

sh314

Ready to race!
Back when I first got it I was shoulder checking on the right side for a lane change and leaned too far to the left... Scratched the wheel on the curb at 50km/h

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Had my car over 2 years now.. never curbed a wheel. Don't think ive even come close. But I rarely park on the street so I guess that helps.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I bought my car as a CPO, and it had two curbed wheels, but in the 5 months I've owned my car, I haven't curbed it once.

vdubbers1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty sure that I have everyone beat... I think I may have had the car for about 1hour when I currbed one of my Serrons. I got too close to the curb when turning at a tight intersection. I seriously had a mental breakdown for the next few hours after that.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
:( Curbed my wheel the other day pulling into a 711 to get...bottled water...because it's so friggin hot in Virginia...scratch is about the size of a dime....
Curbed my wheel at the carwash in downtown Springfield a month in. First time lining up on that place's track.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
A couple of close encounters, but no curb rash (knock on wood). I just make sure I'm super careful when parking.