GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much oil does your GTI burn?

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
Stock and none as well knock on wood. But I would imagine track duties plus aggressive driving will burn a small amount

Geofux

Ready to race!
I burn no oil - I'm running Mobil1 0W40. I have a K04.

Every car is going to be a little bit different, even if you have the same motor as everyone else. As long as you are not burning copious amounts it is okay. If you are concerned, track mileages and when you have had to top up the oil including how much oil you put in. This will help the dealer if you bring it in for your oil consumption issues. If you are going to do that, make sure you are running the same oil that the dealer provides.

Not a bad idea to keep a bottle or two of oil in your car at all times.

McQueen77

Banned
none, 24k miles, stage 1

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
None Here

Uberryan

Banned
The spec for "Normal" oil consumption is 1qt every 1,200 miles

Wasn't that on the FSI engine only? I remember my FSI drank oil like a beast. My TSI barely takes sips.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
FSI drank oil like a beast!

Fordson

Ready to race!
If you have the regular kinked dipstick in your TSI and it's just wetting the tip, I would say you are down more like 1.5 quarts or even more.

The first kink from the end is a quart low; then second one from the end is full.

New car - should be good to go - ? Yeah, I guess...:confused:

Mine doesn't burn any@20,000 miles. But the only way I'm gonna know that is by checking it.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
I lost about a half a quart between the first and second oil change (every 5000mi.). I'm coming up on the third change, and as of last week it still showed full.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2