GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
So I bought some base bars............

but theyre for a sedan (had no idea). Is there any hardware I can buy to get them to fit correctly? Or do I need to buy a different set?

What sedan? Thy look Too far apart for sure

Sent from my distraction device

Ajax_6154

Ready to race!
They should be universal to the 4 door find 2 door golf, you just would need to adjust the feet on the bar to narrow

Butchered by autocorrect via Tapatalk

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Replaced my oil pan (dented original on a freakin pot hole), lubed up the pins on my TyrolSport caliper bushings (glad I did - they were dry as a bone) and ordered some new Centric brake rotors (OEMs are rusting apart with only 33k miles on them). Hope to install them on Friday.

zrickety

The Fixer
Get ready for battle if you change the rear rotors.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
They came off a GTI 4door

Word. Well they should fit. If you look at the back window, there should be a marking on the actual frame, kind of like a notch that shows where to fit them. Check this video out.
http://youtu.be/Sx607dOKsh8
If they came from a Jetta they won't. The roofline isn't the same. Hopefully this video helps :)

Edit: my bad they are arrows on the glass lol

Sent from my distraction device

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
What did you use to clean the air intake temp sensor? I'm getting a P0113 and P0111. I'm pretty sure it's a wiring issue but I'd like to clean the sensor as well.

I used this here for both sensors: http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mass-Sensor-Cleaner/dp/B000J19XSA

I actually do notice a difference mainly with the MAF. Starts up and idles quickly and quietly. Seems to run smoother overall, and I achieved 40mpg on a quick trip home from the store (4 miles) and I've never gotten better than 38mpg.

ThatRaginCajun

I'm cleaning my engine bay today and installing a gun holster under my seat. What do you guys use to clean your engine bay, a de-greaser or just an all purpose cleaner?

zrickety

The Fixer
I would recommend a degreaser, light agitation and a low pressure wash. I'm sure the detail guys will chime in.

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
Just detailed an engine yesterday. I almost always use APC. Zep citrus is in home depot and works well. I dilute it 1:1 and agitate with various brushes followed by low pressure rinse. Then a good water based dressing on the plastics and you are done

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
had the car inspected and passed WITHOUT setting readiness (via VCDS). HELL YEAH!!!

Stage 2 Revo, catless DP......

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I'm cleaning my engine bay today and installing a gun holster under my seat. What do you guys use to clean your engine bay, a de-greaser or just an all purpose cleaner?

Depends how dirty it is and the components you want to focus on cleaning. Before any engine bay detail it recommended you cover or remove any open air intake and battery terminals.

I actually just did mine yesterday. I removed my intake filter and breather filter and plugged both holes with a rag. Then I rinsed any loose dirt off with the hose set to the mist setting. Then I took my sponge I use on the lower portion of the car and leftover soap after washing and washed all the components the best I could, being careful not to soak the engine bay that much. Then I rinsed with the hose again on the mist setting (this works really well without using too much water and soaking everything.

Today I am going to remove the engine cover, the hood insulation and hose them out and wash. I will then detail the engine bay with quick detailer or use the interior vinyl detail spray on the plastics.

Next week I will be doing my GF's Forester engine bay which is disgusting and will post a write up.

TLDR:

Mild soap should be all you need unless it is very greasy and dirty, then I would recommend a degreaser diluted with water. Use as little water as possible in the engine bay to not soak it too much. Will dry faster and protects the other components that really shouldnt be getting that wet.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
I'm 40 and have been washing the engine / engine bay at the local car wash with the high pressure wand my whole life. Degreaser, rinse. I've never had a problem. I try to avoid spraying directly into the alternator point blank range, but nothing special. If you're paranoid, cover the alternator.