GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Funny you bring up LSD haha. I'm contemplating having one installed during my clutch install. Hard to bite that bullet.
Do iiiiiit. I've ridden in a buddies gti with an LSD and it's soo nice. Pricey, but worth it, especially if you're already going to be getting into the tranny anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
yeah, I really wish I did the LSD when I did my clutch. I think Im going to wait for the new year and decide if I want to fund this. I want to hold onto this car for a long time, so this kinda makes sense to buy.. but Im at 40k, and people suggest upgrading shift forks too, so that just adds to the price. :/

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
Highly recommend the LSD. Even on an R it's a huge upgrade.

--Matt

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
What did I do to my mk6? Broke it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Went stage 2 this evening and enjoyed a good long drive home. Of course I played around with how the car feels. It definitely feels way more consistent all the way through the powerband now as opposed to how the stage 1 would surge at a certain point.

I'm pretty sure this is what I've been looking for, definitely in love.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Went stage 2 this evening and enjoyed a good long drive home. Of course I played around with how the car feels. It definitely feels way more consistent all the way through the powerband now as opposed to how the stage 1 would surge at a certain point.

Good to hear that. Looking to go Stage2 in a few months! Upgraded your clutch already?

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
What did I do to my mk6? Broke it...

That'll buff right out. I had that happen on my MKV and just had to slot and remove the remainder of the bolt. Good opportunity to upgrade to S3 bushings.

--Matt

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear that. Looking to go Stage2 in a few months! Upgraded your clutch already?

Benefits of being DSG. I don't have to really worry about it unless it completely explodes I guess lol

Aphix

Go Kart Champion

Grats on stage 2!!! Stage 1 is really nice, but if you can afford to make the jump to stage 2, I think it is worth it. I love how it drives, though its easy to burn down the front tires. If you are manual, you pretty much have to get a new clutch, lol.

Golf r bumper installed

holy shit that looks awesome!!! new wheels already??

Gino

Ready to race!
Stop your car & check the oil. If an add oil light is coming on things are not right. Start pulling the dipstick rather than relying on a light to tell you it is time to add.

I have never seen a low oil light on my car. Only the oil pressure warning when hitting a turn hard. The dipstick is normally low, like rarely any oil on it. It always seems to be like that. Only time I get a reading on the dipstick is when fresh oil is put in and sits for a bit. I just assumed the turbo sucks it up and holds onto it or something dumb like that.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have never seen a low oil light on my car. Only the oil pressure warning when hitting a turn hard. The dipstick is normally low, like rarely any oil on it. It always seems to be like that. Only time I get a reading on the dipstick is when fresh oil is put in and sits for a bit. I just assumed the turbo sucks it up and holds onto it or something dumb like that.

how are you checking your oil? are you checking it cold? you are supposed to warm it up first, let cool and then check.

Gino

Ready to race!
how are you checking your oil? are you checking it cold? you are supposed to warm it up first, let cool and then check.

Don't want to sound like a rookie at this, but I am. I actually check it both warm and cold. When you say warm, how warm is that? Should I cruise around and let the temperature get to 190? I normally let the car sit while on for about 5-10 minutes then come back and check it after its been like 15 minutes. This is after it has sat.