GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Don't want to sound like a rookie at this, but I am. I actually check it both warm and cold. When you say warm, how warm is that? Should I cruise around and let the temperature get to 190? I normally let the car sit while on for about 5-10 minutes then come back and check it after its been like 15 minutes. This is after it has sat.

ha, no worries we are all here to help each other out. well, read the manual so you can say you did. but.. I recall it being vague and saying check the car warm. so that is open to interpretation. when i was in Vegas in the winter and my car was freezing cold at 5am, I let it run parked) for 15mins to check, then I turned off for 5mins to cool, then I checked. I maybe ran another 5-10mins and then cooled to double check results. and they were the same. In LA, run for 5-10mins (parked), turn off and cool for 5mins, and check. If you check cold, oil will be on the bottom of the stick and you would likely think you are low and may be tempted to add more oil thinking you have a leak or burning oil. try that and see if you get different results. :thumbsup:

EDIT: just read your reply again, sounds like you are doing it right. hmm. sorry, Im eating food, back from gym and starving.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion

Golf r bumper installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks great!:clap:

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Went stage 2 this evening and enjoyed a good long drive home. Of course I played around with how the car feels. It definitely feels way more consistent all the way through the powerband now as opposed to how the stage 1 would surge at a certain point.

I'm pretty sure this is what I've been looking for, definitely in love.

If you don't already have them get the R8 coils. I blew 2 stock ones on the way home from my tuner while I was having fun on the highway, luckily I came prepared and had 2 spares in the trunk

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Grats on stage 2!!! Stage 1 is really nice, but if you can afford to make the jump to stage 2, I think it is worth it. I love how it drives, though its easy to burn down the front tires. If you are manual, you pretty much have to get a new clutch, lol.

holy shit that looks awesome!!! new wheels already??

Thanks, they are my backup wheels that I'm using while I refinish my futuras. I love this look though so I might run this for awhile

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Looks great CallmeGTI

ryanbmk6

Ready to race!
That'll buff right out. I had that happen on my MKV and just had to slot and remove the remainder of the bolt. Good opportunity to upgrade to S3 bushings.

--Matt

I'm upgrading to some poly bushings while it's all down. What do you keen by "slot and remove"?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Don't want to sound like a rookie at this, but I am. I actually check it both warm and cold. When you say warm, how warm is that? Should I cruise around and let the temperature get to 190? I normally let the car sit while on for about 5-10 minutes then come back and check it after its been like 15 minutes. This is after it has sat.
Are you checking it while the car sits on an incline?

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Do iiiiiit. I've ridden in a buddies gti with an LSD and it's soo nice. Pricey, but worth it, especially if you're already going to be getting into the tranny anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
My biggest hang up after the cost is only being stage 1. But to me it makes more sense to build the car up so that it can handle more power later rather than adding all the power first and then making it capable of putting the power to the ground. I should just got k04 TBE and IC and suspension at the same time as clutch and LSD haha. I wish.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
My biggest hang up after the cost is only being stage 1. But to me it makes more sense to build the car up so that it can handle more power later rather than adding all the power first and then making it capable of putting the power to the ground. I should just got k04 TBE and IC and suspension at the same time as clutch and LSD haha. I wish.
Well if you're getting a clutch anyway go ahead and go up to stage 2 while you're there (assuming your tuner is doing the install). You'll certainly be set up for k04 after that, but dropping 5k on parts all at once would be a damn hard pill to swallow. K04 can always come down the road

M@GN1F1SH1t

Christmas came early for the GTI. Eurosport non-cat downpipe, Eurosport exhaust, R8 coil pack, P3 Cars VIDI and GIAC Stage 2 tune. Definitely feel the difference. Car is even more fun to drive. Odd though, cruising around 65 mph - 3000 rpm - 5th gear, I punch it. Rpm start climbing. I get to 3900 then it whines out to 4100 then catches. Almost like the clutch is slipping. I try to recreate but it behaves fine. From a full dig, no issue at all. GIAC tuner told me to make sure I run 91 from Shell or Chevron - I always use Shell. Any similar experiences here?

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Christmas came early for the GTI. Eurosport non-cat downpipe, Eurosport exhaust, R8 coil pack, P3 Cars VIDI and GIAC Stage 2 tune. Definitely feel the difference. Car is even more fun to drive. Odd though, cruising around 65 mph - 3000 rpm - 5th gear, I punch it. Rpm start climbing. I get to 3900 then it whines out to 4100 then catches. Almost like the clutch is slipping. I try to recreate but it behaves fine. From a full dig, no issue at all. GIAC tuner told me to make sure I run 91 from Shell or Chevron - I always use Shell. Any similar experiences here?

are you manual? because that sounds like a slipping clutch to me. that is pretty much an expected result for us manuals when we go stage 2. Mine was slipping at stage 1 when I got a new diverter valve.

M@GN1F1SH1t

I am manual and also upgraded the dv. Man that sucks. What clutch did you go with?

* never mind, see it in your sig...RSR. Will have to look for it. Heard Southbend was another good one.

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
I am manual and also upgraded the dv. Man that sucks. What clutch did you go with?

* never mind, see it in your sig...RSR. Will have to look for it. Heard Southbend was another good one.
I was asking around a while back about going with the RSR or southbend, and the consensus seems to be that the RSR grabs better than say a stage 2, reuses the stock dmfw for stock clutch feel and engagement, and is cheaper. I was also asking for feedback from people with k04 power and track their car, so ymmv, but that's what I plan to go with